And today I did......

out and about on the SS splatter for 2hrs on my local rootastic trails, lots of mud and sliding and big smiles- fettling with the roadie later :D

clockworkgazz":32kbg3eq said:
out and about on the SS splatter for 2hrs on my local rootastic trails, lots of mud and sliding and big smiles- fettling with the roadie later :D

how are the trails? reckon its light enough for a midweeker?

with the clocks going back then it should be ok I think, they were a bit muddy today it has to be said, if it stays dry over the next few days they will be back to their best- could also do a local run thursday/friday in the day as I am off work looking after dad and weans, but he could babysit.

jimihendrix":1littfyt said:
clockworkgazz":1littfyt said:
I think you should paint the bike ZZ rather than polish- I don't miss the cleaning on the old killer v- do some sort of modern art number- dr s did an amazing paint job on his commuter- looked great- mix up the media's, spray paint, enamel, oil, watercolour, feathers, glitter- go to town!

Or do it Kamo :D , an Avakamolanche :LOL:

Sorry, had a knock on the arse earlier, bit of a problem as my brains are there :)
Aye, I'm liking the idea of snow camo.

How's the hand btw? Just badly staved? Must have been an 'interesting' drive home ... :shock:

zigzag":hq1usqej said:
jimihendrix":hq1usqej said:
clockworkgazz":hq1usqej said:
I think you should paint the bike ZZ rather than polish- I don't miss the cleaning on the old killer v- do some sort of modern art number- dr s did an amazing paint job on his commuter- looked great- mix up the media's, spray paint, enamel, oil, watercolour, feathers, glitter- go to town!

Or do it Kamo :D , an Avakamolanche :LOL:

Sorry, had a knock on the arse earlier, bit of a problem as my brains are there :)
Aye, I'm liking the idea of snow camo.

How's the hand btw? Just badly staved? Must have been an 'interesting' drive home ... :shock:

Snow camo would be like grey, white and black ?, if you are needing a
hand with that give us a shout (no pun intended :LOL: )

The hand is pretty badly swollen today, have full movement in it so nothing broken (have poked and proded it to be sure), just badly staved/bruised and is stiff/uncomfortable to move, may invest in more heavily padded gloves, maybe Boxing gloves so the ground will be scared of me coming off through fear of getting a doing :LOL:

Driving home was fine untill i got into my street and found i could'nt
get the car into reverse as you need to press down on the stick,
managed eventually after some grinding and swearing :LOL:

as a show of support for pain bruvver i myself have dropped a large wo0rkbench on my hand crushing a finger on the tool drawer under neath....got stabbed with screwdrivers ,screws and knifes...kind of hurts now...

gibbleking":2r7jpunk said:
as a show of support for pain bruvver i myself have dropped a large wo0rkbench on my hand crushing a finger on the tool drawer under neath....got stabbed with screwdrivers ,screws and knifes...kind of hurts now...

Jeez that sounds bad :shock: , my left hand is about twice the size of my right :shock: , if i went to the doctors i've imagined him sticking a pin in it and it flying round the room like a burst balloon dragging me behind it :LOL:

Kind of buggeerd up my plans for today, was going to adjust the exhausts on the Capri (fitted new ones but they are touching the floor of the car), also planed to rip out the toilet in my bathroom to start instaling the new one but that's knocked on the head, picked up my guitar earlier out of habbit but my left hand feels like a big lump of rubber :roll:

might be worth getting it checked out Jimi, just to be sure.

off up the trails again for an hour, trying to get into the 10 mentality- why have I signed up for this much pain? :LOL:

sounds like theres alot of pain floating around here :LOL: i went up the bings today and hurt myself too :oops:

some idiot on a crosser try'd to pass across the front of me as i was flying down one of the faces.........so i ended up hitting the brakes and doing double-tripple-backwards-axle thingy and the dh8 landed on top of me.......

the guy stopped and lay his bike down and picked the bike off me (lucky he did or i was gona thump him :twisted: ) he was looking at the top of the bing where he was heading and did'nt see me..... so i'm just a little sare all over :D

went to halfords for some 9 speed split links too as the brand new chain i had on the marin done 12 miles and decided to snap :shock: so i bought 2 packets assuming there was 1 in each , there was 2 in each :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

more crap lying about :roll:

Have reveiwed the MTB Team and attacked again with the aim of Pub biking it. Got the outer and middle rings off, managed a wee bit of bearing adjustment via the left side cup so no slack in BB now and chucked some engine oil down the seat tube so that the BB bearings are now lubed. Building it up in SS mode now so should see some mucking about use now :)

Back