And today I did......

velomaniac":3nf6qonu said:
"Start Ya Bastard" is just Ozzy for WD40, in fact in Oz they sell a WD40 like product with this name :LOL:

Least ways thats what I was told and I am a bit gullible :oops:

Slowly getting my Alpinestars built up all ruffty tuffty for Kirroughtree, disc brakes with rear adaptor, rigid trials forks, Conti Mountain King 2.4" wide gnarly tyres. This bike will be tough and purposefull, unfortunately the rider is weak and wimpy :LOL: :roll:

Velo is right (i seen it reviewed in Classic Car Weekly), though it's not like WD40, it's a lot more volatile, i used plain old EasyStart which is the same stuff but i think "Start Ya B*stard" is a great name for it :cool: .

i was in a speedy hire shop a couple of weeks ago and there was a cylicone tube with glue in it which was named "sticks like s**t" on the counter..... :LOL:

Oot on the bike!

Oot on the road bike for a brisk 41 miles from Kirkwall to Birsay and back. It was brassers and I can barely feel my legs yet- perhaps shorts was a bad idea when the temp was 7 and a bit C, and the wind was from the north. The much praised Charge Spoon failed to live up to expectations, and chafing ensued. More experimentation required. If my Lands End to JoG dream is to happen, nadly comfort is a priority. Anybody else fancy A Really Long Run?

I'll need to get a new chain on Tufftrax 2 to match the new cassette, and do a bit more retro riding. Tufftrax 1 is in Falkirk at the powdercoaters just noo so anticipation is high for that.

Thanks for the website encouragement (http://www.allaboutorkney.com) chaps, much appreciated. I've been toiling away at that still, and hope to have a publicity boost from Radio Orkney in the next couple of days. If ever you make it up to Orkney give me a shout. You ever across Jamie?

Here's a picture of the Brough of Birsay today for Gazz.

4432469533_a777e081dc_o.jpg

Anybody else fancy A Really Long Run? When are you planning to do that?

If ever you make it up to Orkney give me a shout. You'll regret saying that.

Rob

Well, my diary has "LEJOG?" in faint spidery writing from 29th April to 12th May...

However as today's run is the acme of my early season training so far, condition may be a problem!

The ill-formed plan is to travel overnight by ferry from Kirkwall to Aberdeen, hire a car and drive to Penzance with the bike etc. in the back.

Then cycle home using the CTC route, which I have laid hands on. Navigation using torn out pages from a road atlas (and a Blackberry in conjunction with a GPS reciever/logger).

What. Could. Possibly. Go. Wrong?

Alternatively the MacRetro massive could cycle to Derby and turn back, in an ironic gesture to the 1745 rebellion.

Then get slaughtered near Inverness- I've done that a few times, it's not so bad...

Accomodation plans are a bit vague, but the CTC identifies a mainly Youth Hostels route, and also lists bunkhouses and B&Bs, so it shouldn't be a problem. The attractions of doing this earlier in the year was less competition for accommodation, and no midges.

Although crap weather might well be on the debit side. I understand the whole country of England completely floods four times an year just now.

Waiting with baited breath to see who spots the aqua fade Fat in FS section first... Will it be Gazz, Kaiser or Dr S? Another Fat for the triangle.

Did some bike spannering today, all was going well with the headset change on the Rockhopper until I tried to get the crown race on... Forks now chilling in the freezer, see if a bit of shrinkage might help, if not off to the LBS. New chain on the Hardrock, gears and sticky brake lever sorted on the iDrive - all ready for Kirroughtree now. And I began polishing the cranks for the Stumpy.

Latest posts

Back