All things Canadian.....

Re: Re:

aguycalled80":248nwggb said:
BC":248nwggb said:
My latest prize showed up last night...a Spot Brand single speed. This was handbuilt in Vancouver, Canada and welded up by Moe Pardhan aka "MTW" in 1996. I'm very lucky to buy frame #2 off of one of the founding business partners of Spot Brand. It was also the showbike at Interbike in Anaheim 1996. It came with the drop out inserts in order to bolt on a rear derailleur...and I might just make it into a 1x9. I'm pretty stoked to have this little treasure from my community of my local builders. I hope you enjoy, this is a rare bird! Rockshox Sid SL forks and Rockshox suspension post, Spot hubs on Mavic X517 SUP rims, Avid Arch Rival brakes, Dia Compe brake levers , Race Face cranks, Race Face stem, Race Face bar, Spot saddle by SDG.

#1. That is a beauty! I missed out on a John Deere green Spot on ebay years ago, and I'm sure my life would have turned out for the better had I won it.

#2. You gotta lay off that FB group, and let some other guys have a chance there! ;)

Those are sweet! I've only seen pics but they look awesome!

Re:

Just finished this build for Toxik Harlad's Show and Shine in a few weeks. 1994 FS Dekerf, 1 of 25 made according to Chris.

16850784020_1181acfb93_o.jpg

Re:

Here's something Canadian I picked up for the Canadian parts on it.

I think it's about a 1992 Thin Blue Line Hurricane with the ribbed for your pleasure down tube. Eclectic collection of parts ... Probably a through together at a bike shop. Hardly been used.

Re:

1985 NORCO SASQUATCH, I didnt even know what mountain bikes were when this thing was born. My kids call it the DeLorean, obscure 1985 Back to the Future reference, they think they are being smart.

Attachments

• IMG_20150723_182427202.jpg
    IMG_20150723_182427202.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_20150723_182816091.jpg
    IMG_20150723_182816091.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 724
Cool Norco!! I had an 1987 one when I was in grade school, that got my on my first trails. I remember the crank arm kept going loose all the time!

Here's the gems from that Thin Blue Line:

- Brodie Gatorblade
- Syncros Noodle
- Original BLT Light (sans bottle battery)

The fork and stem will be off to Toxic Harrold in a month or so for a (grrrrr) winter build.

The frame is going to my friend ... He has he original alignment tables from TBL that he uses to build his frames :)

The BLT light may be my fav thing though. It's one of the original ones built in a little corner of the Syncros factory.

Side note - we need to get a vintage riding group going in Ontario

BC":3vhcb9k9 said:
jimi911":3vhcb9k9 said:
Here's something Canadian I picked up for the Canadian parts on it.

you dismantled it??

Yup ... It was not an original bike (more of a hodgepodge) and it was bought specifically for the fork and stem - sometimes a bike must be sacrificed for a Brodie Build.

Re:

i left a "please sell me your bike" note on a Brodie that was locked up on the street

18665927161_636b1a29df_o.jpg

He phoned an hour later and after a few texts and negotiations, I picked it up a couple days later :D

18663640195_a2c1eac2dc_o.jpg

BC":3gwp7rx2 said:
i left a "please sell me your bike" note on a Brodie that was locked up on the street

18665927161_636b1a29df_o.jpg

He phoned an hour later and after a few texts and negotiations, I picked it up a couple days later :D

18663640195_a2c1eac2dc_o.jpg

Ha! Awesome. I've tried that and never had any luck. What's the seriel number? It looks like it's built right around the same time as my 1993 Brodie BHDT.

Re:

who was the dealer for those TBLs in the GTA? Silent Sports? i seem to remember seeing them there when i bought what I thought was my first REAL bike, a giant atx 760 with some weird marble paint i think. LOL!

Jimi..I have often thought it was weird that we canucks dont have the same network of meetups and we converse with one another via a UK based forum (or instagram ;) ) maybe its because the limeys are packed closer together, not as if we can just organize a vintage group ride and expect everyone to truck up to Banff for the weekend.

Back