All things Canadian.....

those are sweet!! well done, i lovemyrocky

aguycalled80":2xmksnh9 said:
BC":2xmksnh9 said:
My latest prize showed up last night...a Spot Brand single speed. This was handbuilt in Vancouver, Canada and welded up by Moe Pardhan aka "MTW" in 1996. I'm very lucky to buy frame #2 off of one of the founding business partners of Spot Brand. It was also the showbike at Interbike in Anaheim 1996. It came with the drop out inserts in order to bolt on a rear derailleur...and I might just make it into a 1x9. I'm pretty stoked to have this little treasure from my community of my local builders. I hope you enjoy, this is a rare bird! Rockshox Sid SL forks and Rockshox suspension post, Spot hubs on Mavic X517 SUP rims, Avid Arch Rival brakes, Dia Compe brake levers , Race Face cranks, Race Face stem, Race Face bar, Spot saddle by SDG.

#1. That is a beauty! I missed out on a John Deere green Spot on ebay years ago, and I'm sure my life would have turned out for the better had I won it.

#2. You gotta lay off that FB group, and let some other guys have a chance there! ;)

lol, okay okay!! Post some pics then! The only reason I go to Fb is to see bikes and want to see Canuck metal preferably :)

Re:

This may be the first of these frames posted.

1987-90 Cameron Aluminum Frame. Built by Harv Cameron in his east end Toronto shop. I just mocked it up for kicks.

That's a crazy head tube cluster!

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":ktbxo5vg said:
^^^that is cool!!!! mmmmm e-stay.
I'd give one of them a home any day. :D

Ya ... He did some interesting stuff with aluminum at the same time as some of the big U.S. guys. He made the fork and stem combo to. Apparently he made an amazing frame setup stand for builders as well.

The welds on my frame are ... Well beefy, but my frame was used a ton by its former owner and it's has no dents damage etc. its got some interesting design features to. I think they were sold by cycle logic back in the day for a decent buck.

Back