All things Canadian.....

Re: Re:

raidan73":h68atvhr said:
Nice bikes, nice trail, nice pic

That trail is killer! It was right beside the gravel road we were riding on lol.

Retro_Roy":h68atvhr said:
it's tough, but doing our best to get thru winter. how about a pic from last week's ride as well. and the week before that. :)

i love serving up pics!

Re:

A generous gift from across the pond :)

Retro_Roy":3cperkgn said:
it's tough, but doing our best to get thru winter.

Bite me.

A3B5BDB3-4332-4CAB-8B51-9F5CB78D886C-8797-0000060168101B7F_zpsf5b789ab.jpg

Re:

Douglas Devinci III Handbuilt In Canada. I'm just finishing this off with cables and chain for Toxik Harald's Show and Shine in May. It was a nice sunny afternoon so I gave it a wash. I don't much about these and don't remember them from back in the day. The pic isn't too good but if you look on the stem, it has a water bottle mount

16651882080_d71c36d34b_o.jpg

16838177701_eb0ec2e9f7_o.jpg

That's lovely Eric, can anyone tell us any more about them?

raidan73":rzhpstj1 said:
That's lovely Eric, can anyone tell us any more about them?

thanks man! It a keeper! A member on the Vintage Canadian fb forum offered up

"It`s a Devinci Douglas, made in the Saguenay-Lac St-Jean area in the province of Québec (my province). If I`m right, frames of this era (aluminum) weren`t that strong 'cause they were not heat-treated."

They were mostly an eastern bike from what I understand and was a pleasant surprise to see this out on the west coast.

Re:

My latest prize showed up last night...a Spot Brand single speed. This was handbuilt in Vancouver, Canada and welded up by Moe Pardhan aka "MTW" in 1996. I'm very lucky to buy frame #2 off of one of the founding business partners of Spot Brand. It was also the showbike at Interbike in Anaheim 1996. It came with the drop out inserts in order to bolt on a rear derailleur...and I might just make it into a 1x9. I'm pretty stoked to have this little treasure from my community of my local builders. I hope you enjoy, this is a rare bird! Rockshox Sid SL forks and Rockshox suspension post, Spot hubs on Mavic X517 SUP rims, Avid Arch Rival brakes, Dia Compe brake levers , Race Face cranks, Race Face stem, Race Face bar, Spot saddle by SDG.

16651274497_59652b6147_o.jpg

16857532331_05e28fca4f_o.jpg

16670981638_de831f01c7_o.jpg

16651273607_ce57192779_o.jpg

BC":2qtk0qwj said:
My latest prize showed up last night...a Spot Brand single speed. This was handbuilt in Vancouver, Canada and welded up by Moe Pardhan aka "MTW" in 1996. I'm very lucky to buy frame #2 off of one of the founding business partners of Spot Brand. It was also the showbike at Interbike in Anaheim 1996. It came with the drop out inserts in order to bolt on a rear derailleur...and I might just make it into a 1x9. I'm pretty stoked to have this little treasure from my community of my local builders. I hope you enjoy, this is a rare bird! Rockshox Sid SL forks and Rockshox suspension post, Spot hubs on Mavic X517 SUP rims, Avid Arch Rival brakes, Dia Compe brake levers , Race Face cranks, Race Face stem, Race Face bar, Spot saddle by SDG.

#1. That is a beauty! I missed out on a John Deere green Spot on ebay years ago, and I'm sure my life would have turned out for the better had I won it.

#2. You gotta lay off that FB group, and let some other guys have a chance there! ;)

Re:

So many beautyful canadians here.

I am the proud owner of these 2 canadians:

1996 Rocky Mountain Vertex t.o.
1796384-nn3zwxrejrd8-vertex-large.jpg

1997 Rocky Mountain Element t.o.
1796391-p2vwqzpyzzi7-element_l2-large.jpg

The Vertex has the original paint and the Element is a repaint.
I bought the Element 1997 and owned it since that and the Vertex frame I found a few weeks ago.

I call them my twins.

Back