A warning about buying outside of ebay.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

marin man

Old School Grand Master
I wanted to buy some noleen forks and put a wanted ad up last week,a guy joined retrobike and his first post was an advert to sell a proflex frmae and some noleen forks......

I didnt spot it in for sale because I find generally if you put an ad up things will come to you..... :oops: :oops:

Anyway a pm arrived from a new member offering to sell me some noleen forks and a link to ebay was given to me...I had already seen the ebay ones.....which were his..

anyway I thought "what the hell" I will take a chance... :roll:

We done a deal which meant me buying them outside of ebay,.....

The fork didnt arrive so I messaged him through ebay a couple of times...no reply....

When I got a bit feisty I got a reply saying that his car had been stolen and the fork was in the boot ready to be posted and now he didnt have it....

All typed in capitals and misspelt<<< :LOL: :LOL:

So he said he would give me my money back when his listings on ebay ended ;) ;)

anyway a bit more feistiness ensued and I got my money back......

DONT TAKE A CHANCE.......reading between the lines I think i know what happened.... ;) ;) Grit in my eye ;)

i got done on here too, luckily only £15

new member sold me a m730 rear mech and disappeared.

I now insist if its someone i dont know that pay-pal normal or if i really want it i pay they fee's

I think when he ended the listing he got an offer of more money so took it then tried to keep my money as well.....and people wonder why I have posted up about new members joining just to sell something......

anyway all sorted now..... :cool:

Hope you've left him negative feedback here then to save any one else getting ripped off by them.

He doesnt have a feedback thread I dont think and cant find his user name but apparently he offered them to robmac as well :?

anyway doubt he will be back and I did get my money back :eek: :eek:

hmmm... I got a few PM's asking me if I was interested, but 1. I didn't have the spare cash, and 2. he seemed very keen to sell.

another forum I use demands that new members have 25 "meaningful" posts before they can advertise in the For Sale section, that tends to weed out most of the dodgy dealers after a quick buck.
If they post 25 posts of pure garbage then their post-count is reset.... I've seen folk with -1000 posts before now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Good plan that...this is the second time I have bought from a new member who joined only to sell.....the first time was ok but the second a bloody nightmare.....50/50 isnt good enough :LOL: :LOL:

MM I think you'd still be trying to achieve your 25 'meaningful' posts :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back