'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re: Re:

Member 10502":2opcc6hu said:
Considering the forks are more blue than the frame, they go well together. Good job :cool:

Chris
Yeah they're a bit of a colour clash but once you get used to them they're a good combination. Light forks too... But the SIDs would always of been 2nd choice to the bombers ive been working on :)

Re:

Rims before i changed the front wheel were x517's. They did have a hard grey coating on the braking surface when i got them but brake pads had wore through in places so i removed what was left of it. The stickers have peeled off as well so id say your guess is as good as mine :)

Which reminds me, I have a pair of new 317's which ive been planning to get rebuilt on these hubs since last year.

Sean

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":22o85khw said:
Member 10502":22o85khw said:
Considering the forks are more blue than the frame, they go well together. Good job :cool:

Chris
Yeah they're a bit of a colour clash but once you get used to them they're a good combination. Light forks too... But the SIDs would always of been 2nd choice to the bombers ive been working on :)
i seen those mate, they look sweet :)

Re:

Taken on the Nova course at ashton court, it was more wet than muddy so the bike wasnt plastered in it but it did get ridden hard and put through its paces. This was the first proper ride with the SIDs and they are brilliant, even on the drop offs there is no flex, no drama, they just lap it up and take it in their stride, which is good for a fork that weighs so little :)

pictures;

Re: 1994 GT Zasqua: Trail Pictures on page 13

Looks great Sean, how did them V brakes work on the Nova?

Tc":3r1p8gpt said:
They were good, i got no complaints at all. Obviously because they arent like hydraulic disks where one touch of the lever will lock the wheel, you have to anticipate that you are going to need to brake a bit earlier before every turn to stop you from going off course, but the brakes themselves are quite powerful and have new pads. Also the boosters help to make them stiffer and sharper. If i was still using cantilevers though, then they would not have coped :)

SEANSTEPHENS":2oyhtoxo said:
Tc":2oyhtoxo said:
They were good, i got no complaints at all. Obviously because they arent like hydraulic disks where one touch of the lever will lock the wheel, you have to anticipate that you are going to need to brake a bit earlier before every turn to stop you from going off course, but the brakes themselves are quite powerful and have new pads. Also the boosters help to make them stiffer and sharper. If i was still using cantilevers though, then they would not have coped :)

That's good to know because due to being out of work I'm putting what I have on mine i.e yellow judys & V's as opposed to the planned maguras & SL Ti's :(

Back