8 cyclists killed after a car hit them :(

I know most cyclists are great. But the people in all the lycra kit with the full on racing bikes or expensive mtb's are giving the good majority a bad name with this sort of attitude.

:roll:

Knuckleheads come in all flavors.

I knew it was only a matter of time until somebody would start pointing fingers at roadies. They may go faster than most cyclists, but they don't represent a disproportionate number of reckless cyclists.

Ironic, given how the thread started.

retrowagen1234":2h5vw7xs said:
SilverSurfer":2h5vw7xs said:
Mobile phoned are the reason I hardly do any road riding anymore. Everyone always seems to be pratting around with their iPhones these days, too many distractions for drivers I reckon. Courts always go soft on drivers anyway so seems there's no one to look out for us

Totally agree. Although. I cycle an awfull lot now, I ride nearly everywhere i need to be. And i drive very little. Although the disgracefull riding i see while im driving realy baffles me. I see a kid on a cheap mtb hugging the curb and riding carefully. But then a few minuites later ill see some idiot on a road bike swerving around pot holes, and riding two abreast on main roads so they can chat to a mate. If the road is so bad you find yourself dodging drain holes. keep away from the curb enough and keep it steady. Dont swerve in an out!! Cyclists have no right at all to be slowing traffic chatting to eachother.

Also the amount of cyclists that whinge about the way car drivers act, And then go and jump red lights themselves! Or pulling up on the inside of trucks in traffic.

I know most cyclists are great. But the people in all the lycra kit with the full on racing bikes or expensive mtb's are giving the good majority a bad name with this sort of attitude.

Obviously in this case the driver is at fault. And my thoughs go to the the familys and the injured.

But all to often car drivers are blamed for accidents that are down to frankly disgracefull cycling.

I totally agree with your comments, i have been commuting now for 15 years {on and off....more on now :LOL: :LOL: }. I think it a mutual respect has grown over the years between drivers and cyclists and the "relationship" is a lot better. Yes you still get the odd "oxygen theif" who thinks that he can get past you with the width of a "rizla paper" or a "nats bollock"

There is good and bad in all, yes i have been at a traffic lights and cyclist have gone through on red, i just look over my shoulder at the driver behind me raise my hands and shake my head :roll: :roll: ..damage limitation.

Keep safe all :)

Ernie ;)

SilverSurfer":26xqolxg said:
Mobile phoned are the reason I hardly do any road riding anymore. Everyone always seems to be pratting around with their iPhones these days, too many distractions for drivers I reckon. Courts always go soft on drivers anyway so seems there's no one to look out for us

Very much agreed on this one..another "pet hate" :x is cyclists with mp3/i-pods..this should be outlawed.

Ernie ;)

red_riviera":1t1h3kqz said:
retrowagen1234":1t1h3kqz said:
n a few minuites later ill see some idiot on a road bike swerving around pot holes...

So it's better to hit them and be pitched into the traffic? :shock:

No. if you read what i wrote. I said it would be better to stay outside the line of drainholes. I.e keep it straight, rather than go in and out around them. Dont go down them.

I ride road bikes alot too. Im not just into MTB's. and ive never had to swerve in and out along a road. Thats just dangerous.

My regular bike, is a 60s raleigh RSW (16inch wheels!!!) I have to be very carefull on that, and especially as i have an unsprung brooks saddle.

ernie":cdjhw6dz said:
SilverSurfer":cdjhw6dz said:

Very much agreed on this one..another "pet hate" :x is cyclists with mp3/i-pods..this should be outlawed.

Ernie ;)

There was a girl killed locally to me that was listening to her ipod while riding. Supposedly according to her parents she had been told not to,numerous times but they said she was a typical teenager... What was weird tho is that she supposedly just road straight accross a junction that she had been riding for years without even slowing down. :(

retrowagen1234":2myltvrl said:
red_riviera":2myltvrl said:
retrowagen1234":2myltvrl said:
n a few minuites later ill see some idiot on a road bike swerving around pot holes...

So it's better to hit them and be pitched into the traffic? :shock:

No. if you read what i wrote. I said it would be better to stay outside the line of drainholes. I.e keep it straight, rather than go in and out around them. Dont go down them.

I ride road bikes alot too. Im not just into MTB's. and ive never had to swerve in and out along a road. Thats just dangerous.

My regular bike, is a 60s raleigh RSW (16inch wheels!!!) I have to be very carefull on that, and especially as i have an unsprung brooks saddle.

sorry didn't think potholes and drainholes were the same thing

killed cyclists

what a complete c/nt, if i was there id drag him out that car & stamp on his head :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back