1x10?

goneriding

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
OK, I know it's 98 and probably sacrilege but can I fit a 1x10 on my 98 gt zaskar or does it require some modern geometry?

Re:

I am wondering the same, fancy a fresh look and feel on mine.

Sorry, I need the advice as well :LOL:

Re: Re:

Ian W":3isbpxa3 said:
I am wondering the same, fancy a fresh look and feel on mine.

Sorry, I need the advice as well :LOL:

Just want an easy to maintain bike in my dotage...kind of...

Yes it is a sacrilege ... at least 10x3.

It will work fine and will look fine 10x3. 10x3 for example is a 11-32 or 34 casette, if you do a 10x1 you will need a 11-42 casette minimum and you will not get the range you get with the 10x3. I have done in a Commencal Meta, and I have to go to the 10x2 speed system or buy a new casette to put 11x1 or 12x1 to mount a 10x50 casette and at least 34 chain ring or 32 oval.

I will do if you don´t have to climb and you don´t whant to go fast.

Re:

Of you have 3x chainset, you could just go 1x9 by getting a narrow wide ring on the middle and lose the front mech and shifter. Much cheaper option.

Re: Re:

ishaw":3kybga1p said:
Of you have 3x chainset, you could just go 1x9 by getting a narrow wide ring on the middle and lose the front mech and shifter. Much cheaper option.

I think this is what I first thought I could do, but does this retain the top and bottom rings even though they are not in use of do you get the single ring "look"?

Re:

Lose the outer and granny. You can get blanking tabs for the outer space the ring would cover on the spider but not necessary. Leave the inner ring bolts on to prevent the holes filling with crud.

Think about where you'll be riding so you're not spinning out or not able to climb

Personally I am happy with 10x2 or 9x2.

Around here the magazine gearing of a 1x something is just too low.

Latest posts

Back