1994 GT RTS-1

sweet :cool: :cool: :cool: looks identical to my RTS, but with black front triangle, same decals and same year, and similar history to mine.

superb score Paul, I too have always lusted after a Team RTS, and whilst quite a few RTS' appear on ebay here in my size I really only want a ball burnished Team one... guess I shall just have to be patient eh ;)

theboy":1yoo8adq said:
superb score Paul, I too have always lusted after a Team RTS, and whilst quite a few RTS' appear on ebay here in my size I really only want a ball burnished Team one... guess I shall just have to be patient eh ;)

Certainly the Team/RTS-1 frames are the least common. Although the majority of those out there are probably ball-burnished. It doesn't help that plenty of people seem convinced that their RTS-2/3 is a pukka US built 6061 frame ;) But once you know what to look for, it's easy to spot the difference.

I'd have liked a ball-burnished frame, but this is the first 19" i've seen of any description and the apparant condition convinced me.

Can't wait to see this built up - I've not seen an RTS in those colours before, and this one looks in superb condition. You even got the rear brake rocker - gold dust, those things.

Decals-wise, it's a lot like my 1995 frame (keep scrolling down here for the latest version http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0 for latest version). Serial number on mine is 005951890. Does the 93 in your serial number mean yours is a 1993, not 1994?

What with Kase1983's, there's quite a little RTS Owners Club in Cambridge now!

richwoodham":3jvo68b9 said:
Decals-wise, it's a lot like my 1995 frame (keep scrolling down here for the latest version http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0 for latest version). Serial number on mine is 005951890. Does the 93 in your serial number mean yours is a 1993, not 1994?

All i know for certain is that the main triangle was fabricated in June 1993. However, the rear triangle and shock are from the 1994+ spec. I've seen a copy of the original sales reciept and this was sold as a 1996 model.

The canti rocker suggests pre-1996 and the 1994 catalogue shows a black version; but i agree the decals look later.

Given the apparant rarity of the Team/RTS-1 frames, I wonder if they were dispatched from the factory to order. Perhaps a glut of frames was fabircated in 1993/4 but it took a couple of years to shift the stock? In which case GT may simply have bolted the current components and decals to the next 6061 frame on the rack and shipped it out.

Pure speculation on my part, and unless there is a differance in Noleen Coilover design (or some other indicator) i'm not sure i'll be 100% convinced of the actual model year of the frame; but 1994 is close enough for now ;)

Given the apparant rarity of the Team/RTS-1 frames, I wonder if they were dispatched from the factory to order. Perhaps a glut of frames was fabircated in 1993/4 but it took a couple of years to shift the stock? In which case GT may simply have bolted the current components and decals to the next 6061 frame on the rack and shipped it out.

I was thinking the same thing.

What was the difference between the 1993 and 1994 rear triangles?

richwoodham":2rwr2e74 said:
What was the difference between the 1993 and 1994 rear triangles?

Cro-Mo Steel in 1993 (True Temper?) then Alloy from 1994 onwards.

This was for the team, the RTS-2/3 may have retained a cro-mo tail for a while?

Tallpaul":2pjw3soe said:
richwoodham":2pjw3soe said:

All i know for certain is that the main triangle was fabricated in June 1993. However, the rear triangle and shock are from the 1994+ spec. I've seen a copy of the original sales reciept and this was sold as a 1996 model.

The canti rocker suggests pre-1996 and the 1994 catalogue shows a black version; but i agree the decals look later.

Pure speculation on my part, and unless there is a differance in Noleen Coilover design (or some other indicator) i'm not sure i'll be 100% convinced of the actual model year of the frame; but 1994 is close enough for now ;)

i was told my decals where 96, likes pickles, but the frame is from '94

Back