1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

I have been thinking about it.
All you need is a series of 9V batteries (amount depends on the color you want), baking soda, distilled water, a few meters of fine gauge titanium wire, Lye and about four minutes to etch and maybe 15 seconds hooked to the batteries to get your color. If interested search for ‘9V battery titanium anodization’ or something similar. Tons of video tutorials out there.

All you need is a series of 9V batteries (amount depends on the color you want), baking soda, distilled water, a few meters of fine gauge titanium wire, Lye and about four minutes to etch and maybe 15 seconds hooked to the batteries to get your color. If interested search for ‘9V battery titanium anodization’ or something similar. Tons of video tutorials out there.
Yeah I’ve seen a couple videos, Will probably just leave them as is though😎

Little update,

.Suntour pedals look great
.ordered elastomers from @johndeverill and just need the rocker
.Xtr m900 cantis arrived
.bought back my xt headset, went with xt as I prefer the oversized look to the xtr
.once I’ve finished off the stem(or bought a different one, just need cables then it’s pretty much done

And now the horrible stem will be replaced by a silver Syncros that I’ve now sorted

Now all I need is that pesky brake rocker…

Brake rocker sorted, kudos to @stefanano57 for sending me one

I can’t do anything as im away for a week, so this’ll be put on hold for a while.

I was thinking of getting a brooks in substitute of the Marin saddle. I’ve seen one on a different team issue and it looked ace so will maybe go that route

Brake rocker sorted, kudos to @stefanano57 for sending me one

I can’t do anything as im away for a week, so this’ll be put on hold for a while.

I was thinking of getting a brooks in substitute of the Marin saddle. I’ve seen one on a different team issue and it looked ace so will maybe go that route
Coming together... 🤙

What a bummer that you will be gone for a week! Especially mid-build when you want to get rocking on everything. You can always state that the Brooks saddle is "temporary" while you search and procure the original ;)

Back