1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

Great final result. Im liking the flourescent nod towards all things early marin.

1. I cant zoom in too well but, are the bars sporting marin bar plugs? If not and you want some i will send you some, as a lil gift/reward.

2. Roseberry topping? You must be up 'ere somewhere. Consider york racecourse next year for the event we attend.
Thanks very much.

No, ritchey wcs that came with the grips, I will keep them on the bars but if you really would send them to me that’ll be amazing, I’ll just keep em in the spares box to put on at show’n’shines so and all that because if I leave them on the bars they’ll get all scratched up!

Yes, I’m in Darlington, that’s how I was able to pick this up in Middlesbrough as it’s just a short skip and a hop. I will try and attend next year as I missed the malverns due to other stuff so it’ll be good to be out and about. I see you’re from Leeds, for ages!

🙂

Indeed, 45 years and counting.
Pm me your preferred address for the plugs. Its on me! I want them used in the wider community.
Maybe Monday for postage.
Cheers pal.

Tomorrow I’m installing the mag 21 forks and aheadset as the ritchey forcelite stem matches just that bit better. Plus sealed bearings are good. The forks are 1995/1996 but I will paint the brace black to look a bit older.

And the pace forks were designed for maguras right? Not designed for them I know but they are supposed to fit? For some reason my maguras are incredibly tight and just rub in the furthest back position.

Right the mag 21’s and new headset/stem are installed. Looks a lot better and works a lot better too. I’ve reinstalled the chill pills and they work brilliantly.

I’ve ordered an x lite stem cap as well in blue.

A nice day out in hamsterly forest

It is a blue trail but there were some lovely fast gravel straights and bone shaking going on

It was really stiff actually and not as comfy as id’ve thought but it really was fast as hell.

pics soon.

The Mag & Ritchey stem improved the look of an already great bike!

BTW I was on a blue trail today also and was barely holding on on my 120/100mm 26er fully. It would have been scary on anything retro, even with a suspension fork. Seems to me that the trails around here are solely desinged for the 150mm 29inch tractor crowd.

The Mag & Ritchey stem improved the look of an already great bike!

BTW I was on a blue trail today also and was barely holding on on my 120/100mm 26er fully. It would have been scary on anything retro, even with a suspension fork. Seems to me that the trails around here are solely desinged for the 150mm 29inch tractor crowd.
Indeed, it’s better to have a steel stem that matches the tubing than a huge aluminium one.

To be honest the blue trail was quite easy, also did a bit of red at the start. It’s really good at handling and cornering fast but not good at uphills(that’s a lie, I’m not good at uphills because I dont get my ass out the seat to pedal)

The barends are nice as well, would like to get my hands on some neon onza or best case scenario some titanium.

Those toe clips are great
Yeah they do don’t(edit, are aren’t) they, kudos to @narcotitlan for supplying them. They fit great and also got some black if I get tired of neon.

Last edited:
I’m pissed because now I’ve noticed that the godamn bottle isn’t pushed in far enough and now that’ll nag me till the end of time

Back