1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

I’ve stuck a suede turbo on it and that looks quite nice, but it’s a re-issue so not proper retro.

I was wondering wether I could achieve sub 10. Perhaps with some light inner tubes and tyres plus replace some bolts with ti
You could probably get sub 10kg, I managed sub 9kg on my (rigid) Orange Prestige, took going through everything and taking whatever saving I could though. As you suggest the biggest saving came from tyres and tubes, 1.5" Conti Cross Country and Maxxis Fly Weight in my case, just be aware that going silly light is not always best for the ride quality of the bike. :)

Schwalbe xxlight are £5 and 98g.....but as with all thin tubes...you will get more punctures.

I now stick with 195g continental mtb tubes.....2 years puncture free so far......the xxlights it was every other ride with hedge cutting! Sooooo thin.

Super light tyres and tubes are great for racing (as long as you don’t flat!) but for everyday riding an extra 100g per wheel of rotating mass far outweighs the ball-ache of puncturing every other ride (so to speak).

Hedge cutting = 😱😱😱

Thank you.

I’m thinking I should go black handlebars instead of silver though..
I like the originality of the frame; post; bars look so think it’s better in silver.

I love what you’ve done with it. Homage to the original with some bad ass upgrades. Didn’t think the syncros would work so well.

Back