1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

Looking forward to seeing this green, are the forks going the same or are you planning on another colour for them?

Normally I would match the fork to the frame colour but will be going with black for the forks. The stock ones would have been chrome for 1990. I've seen photos of a few early 90s Pinnacles on-line, some with matching green forks and some black forks with matching black stem. I like the black forks with black stem best

I just placed the order for four spray.bike cans, kinda spendy but hoping for a better finished paint job this time. I need primer and then a bright white base (according to spray.bike) to ensure the fluro green is nice and bright, then clear. Fingers crossed it comes out as planned

Normally I would match the fork to the frame colour but will be going with black for the forks. The stock ones would have been chrome for 1990. I've seen photos of a few early 90s Pinnacles on-line, some with matching green forks and some black forks with matching black stem. I like the black forks with black stem best

I just placed the order for four spray.bike cans, kinda spendy but hoping for a better finished paint job this time. I need primer and then a bright white base (according to spray.bike) to ensure the fluro green is nice and bright, then clear. Fingers crossed it comes out as planned

Montana is cheaper and about equal quality to Spray.bike

If not better

Update: really big thanks @pw_pw_la 😁 , I never knew of this modern ControlTech product called "Controltech Terminator", adds 40mm (20mm each side), 38g, changes my 535mm bar to 575mm, perfect, apparently discontinued? Just ordered a pair off FleeBay for $23USD. What a great product! Now I can use my preferred grips as well 👍

Cheers

Somehow I'm only just seeing this, but you're absolutely welcome!

I actually just added another set to some handlebars I'd already had Dan Chambers extend for me.

Nice to go as wide as you can, when you can!

Right, time to catch up with the rest of this thread now...

I kinda love the sanded back finish with a combination of pink, primer and raw alu!!! I'm not joking either. Completely against brief and what Klein did originally, but all cut-back/polished + decals and clear coat it would look pretty cool & totally unique. :cool:

Looking good though and look forward to seeing how this progresses no matter what you do with your paint! 😜

Okay, still catching up (wow, quite a few updates on this one), but...

WHAT HE SAID!

Honestly, it looks so good like it is.

I absolutely love it. And, as is well known, I detest Klein's!

Get that thing clear coated and ride the raddest looking beater, bargain Klein of all time!

On the subject of...

The forks! Wow. That's an absolutely amazing score. Unbelievable really.

Oh, and keep MISSION CONTROL.

100%

It's pretty much the only cool thing about a Klein! ;)

Back