1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

Okay, still catching up (wow, quite a few updates on this one), but...

WHAT HE SAID!

Honestly, it looks so good like it is.

I absolutely love it. And, as is well known, I detest Klein's!

Get that thing clear coated and ride the raddest looking beater, bargain Klein of all time!

On the subject of...

The forks! Wow. That's an absolutely amazing score. Unbelievable really.

Oh, and keep MISSION CONTROL.

100%

It's pretty much the only cool thing about a Klein! ;)
I tried as well, but the Kleinzi's wouldn't hear of it! Knew I could count on you to join forces with us, 27motorhead planted a seed of revolution in this thread, but they're pouring round up all over it!

I think you, me and old Motorhead, should combine funds and forces to find the stinkingest, oldest Klein we can, and turn it into what we all wish this one could be!

Carry on tho, Canuck, you should obviously build and ride the bike you want, not the one the likes of us do!

Okay, still catching up (wow, quite a few updates on this one), but...

WHAT HE SAID!

Honestly, it looks so good like it is.

I absolutely love it. And, as is well known, I detest Klein's!

Get that thing clear coated and ride the raddest looking beater, bargain Klein of all time!

On the subject of...

The forks! Wow. That's an absolutely amazing score. Unbelievable really.

Oh, and keep MISSION CONTROL.

100%

It's pretty much the only cool thing about a Klein! ;)
I'm noticing they can be quite polarizing 🧐😆

Yep, wish I had bought a lottery ticket the day I found that fork!

Pretty sure I'm ditching the MISSION CONTROL logo in favor of the 'proper' KLEIN logo 😜

I think you, me and old Motorhead, should combine funds and forces to find the stinkingest, oldest Klein we can, and turn it into what we all wish this one could be!

Carry on tho, Canuck, you should obviously build and ride the bike you want, not the one the likes of us do!
Yes a crust punk Klein build! Bits of oxidised alu showing, nice ratty paintjob, proper rusted, fat profile cranks on there, decal'ed 'Kein'... I can see it. I can taste it.

Noooooo!

Well, I guess we're enemies now.

Sworn enemies.

And to think, I overlooked the fact you'd bought a Klein in the first place to offer up my handlebar extending advice.

The cheek was well-and truly turned.

And this is how you treat me!

That sanded through look! I love it. Black/white fork, fresh set of stickers, clearcoat, done. You'd have to decide on black or silver for the boltons. XT obviously. :rolleyes:

If I were you, I would seriously try leaving it like that. Bolt the parts on. Make some pictues (for shits and giggles... and us nuts here) and then decide the final colour. You might like it and save yourself some paintwork. You'd have to put the bike together before painting anyhow. So you don't mess up the fresh paint later. Right? RIGHT? :LOL:

Last edited:
@Canuckbiker. You were quietly building away a nice old Klein with a plan to restore it back to some original form and then a load of RetroYobs charge-in whilst your mid-prepping the frame telling you what to do!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I see the Spray.Bike Fluro Green is ordered and it will great once done, no doubt about that! 😎

However just seeing the image of the sanded back frame with original paint, primer and bare alu hit me and I just thought that’s it, job done! 😍 With new decals and a super-duper clear coat it would look amazing. I'd even offset the Klein logos over the non-faded paint to create a drop shadow effect! I’d almost be tempted to do a bit of splatter like early Kona’s or one of the paint jobs Klein did which was Graffiti from memory. I think @Tomianson did one…

@Imlach hit the nail on the head with his comment above “I can see it. I can taste it.” And that’s what that current finish is… good enough to eat. 😋 Plus in another thread I think me and @Imlach agreed that Patina is Perfection. 😎

So Spray.Bike Fluro Green it is then! 👌👍

Thanks for sharing progress and keeping us all entertained! 👏🤣

I'm not a rat rod type of person but oddly enough like many have said before me, when I saw that sanded frame it looks so cool. It's kinda like you can't do that on purpose it kinda just has to happen on it's own. Very cool look for sure.

@Canuckbiker. You were quietly building away a nice old Klein with a plan to restore it back to some original form and then a load of RetroYobs charge-in whilst your mid-prepping the frame telling you what to do!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I see the Spray.Bike Fluro Green is ordered and it will great once done, no doubt about that! 😎

However just seeing the image of the sanded back frame with original paint, primer and bare alu hit me and I just thought that’s it, job done! 😍 With new decals and a super-duper clear coat it would look amazing. I'd even offset the Klein logos over the non-faded paint to create a drop shadow effect! I’d almost be tempted to do a bit of splatter like early Kona’s or one of the paint jobs Klein did which was Graffiti from memory. I think @Tomianson did one…

@Imlach hit the nail on the head with his comment above “I can see it. I can taste it.” And that’s what that current finish is… good enough to eat. 😋 Plus in another thread I think me and @Imlach agreed that Patina is Perfection. 😎

So Spray.Bike Fluro Green it is then! 👌👍

Thanks for sharing progress and keeping us all entertained! 👏🤣
And thanks for keeping me entertained :LOL:

The entertainment factor of RB is what makes it so great!

Yes, it will be fluro green and as pretty and perfect as I can manage 👍

While I never would have considered the rat rod look suggested I have to agree that done right it could look amazing!

Next... on to polishing and restoring intended parts to perfection 😁

Please humor us and do as @Thias suggested: bolt everything onto the frame like it is, just once, so we can all see the bike we're imagining in or sordid little heads!

And then spray it Seinfeld green.

;)

Back