1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

I kinda love the sanded back finish with a combination of pink, primer and raw alu!!! I'm not joking either. Completely against brief and what Klein did originally, but all cut-back/polished + decals and clear coat it would look pretty cool & totally unique. :cool:

Looking good though and look forward to seeing how this progresses no matter what you do with your paint! 😜

Update, paint is removed! Or was it even paint? Not really sure, it seemed a bit rubbery possibly a different spray on coating? Modern paint strippers are not as effective as old school ones. I sourced a "stronger" one and it was helpful to dig out the nooks and crannies but I had to resort to my disk sander with very light grit for outer portions and the rest was all hand sanded, it took many hours 🤪 but very satisfying to see the frame down to the surface.

The sprayed on grey top coat was at least 2oz in weight according to my fish scale which only registers in 2oz increments. Not sure if quality paint it that heavy? The frame weights 4lbs 10oz as pictured below with BB. I'll guess the BB around 300g? Bringing the frame around 4lbs.

Not the underneath paint condition I was hoping for @al-onestare but it's getting a full respray. There were large sections of paint missing on the front triangle. I'm fortunate to still see the outline of the downtube decals and seat tube "made in U.S.A" decal. Always nice to have the exact location measurements when placing the new decals.

Was nice to find the frame without cracks or dents with paint removed. I added a touch of bondo around the chainsuck area. Ready for paint once I locate some!

Pictured with the Syncros/Flite combo which will be going on:
View attachment 666392
View attachment 666393
View attachment 666394
View attachment 666395
View attachment 666396
View attachment 666397
Keep it exactly like that. If you paint it purdy like a dentists wet dream I will have a meltdown

I kinda love the sanded back finish with a combination of pink, primer and raw alu!!! I'm not joking either. Completely against brief and what Klein did originally, but all cut-back/polished + decals and clear coat it would look pretty cool & totally unique. :cool:

Looking good though and look forward to seeing how this progresses no matter what you do with your paint! 😜
Do this, leave it as is

Or paint it turd brown with gold speckled clear coat to really give the Kleinists something to talk about with their next patient

Keep it exactly like that. If you paint it purdy like a dentists wet dream I will have a meltdown

It´s a safety thing. Did you know that dentists on Kleins are 65% less likely to get hit by distracted drivers? FACT. Mount a bell and you are practically unstoppable.

Kleins need loud paintjobs IMHO, it´s part of the essence of the brand. To go "rebellious" with a Klein paint job, how does that supposed to work? With a colour that screams "unremarkable"? By making it deliberately ugly?

Or paint it turd brown with gold speckled clear coat to really give the Kleinists something to talk about with their next patient
Also I´ve never built a bike to p*ss someone off, what a strange concept🤨

Yes indeed Klein needs paint if you want it to be more representative of what the brand stood for. As for color I've seen some drop dead gorgeous white Kleins as well as black, green and blue. Go with what you like at the end of the day it's your bike. What I think people don't want to see is a failed copy cat paint job like most of the linear fades done out there that don't blend like the factory paint jobs did. Those look horrible in my opinion and shouldn't be done unless your willing to get it professionally done.

Agreed @Dr Dremel

Think I'll chance the spray.bike Fluro green with white primer/base coat (what they recommend)
comparing it to a well lit close up it seems a pretty good match:
p6pb21051011.jpg
Capture.JPG

Back