1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega Build ***Final Pictures Page 14 ***

Re:

Ran into a couple small issues so I won't be able to finish it this weekend but here is a little teaser. Ended up going with some black Cook Bros Cranks w/ Onza buzz saws.

Teaser until further notice.

photo3.jpg

Re: 1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega Build

I would sell my left kidney for that bike! Going to be stunning and hopefully a great ride when built. Keep up the good work :)

The build took a change of direction last night due to a couple factors.

This frame is a 1991 model and was on the cover of MBA in 91. Up until this point I have been going with a 1992 Ti Alpinestar Fork because I personally like how it looks. We recently sourced another 91 Ti-Mega that has the correct Aluminum black front fork which is truly the right fork for those who are real sticklers for period correct builds. I have decided to go with the black 91 fork vs this Ti fork to keep it period correct. The chances of me finding another black 91 correct fork are slim to none and I couldn't pass on the opportunity to do it correct.

It was a tough choice because the Ti fork looks better in my opinion. But if I ever want to rebuild the bike to be exactly like it was on the cover of MBA, I will need to find another black fork..... a very tall order.

For those who were following the Ti-Mega frame on our eBay store, that is why the auction ended today. It will be relisted as just a frame.

photo2.jpg

It's been a while since I updated the Build. We are on the final home stretch.

1.) Applied decals to rear triangle.

2.) Added Onza Porc II Skinwall (Thank You Paul aka CCMDoc)

3.) Added Ringle Seat Clamp Binder Bolt

4.) Removed Shimano BR-M732 Brakes. Replacing them with the period correct BR-M734's for this build spec

Still need to swap our the front Ti-Fork w/ the Black one but am waiting on the correct threading tool to tap the 1 1/4 steer tube.

Once that is done it will be time to cable her up and throw on the chain!

Here she is a studio shot as the build sits today:

Alpinestars818-1.jpg

Very nice. Saw your listing and was so tempted, shame about the dreaded vat over here (probably too large anyway thankfully). Do Americans pay import duty & tax like us poor saps?

Back