1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega Build ***Final Pictures Page 14 ***

Re:

Well this is what my weekend is shaping up to look like. The Alpinestar will be alive and breathing soon!

Using NOS decals for the back rear triangle and leaving the other original ones in place.

The Topline cranks will be mounted with XT FC-M730-SG rings (Still looking for a NOS set) and I'll start lacing the Bullseye hubs to NOS 36 hole Mavic M231 CD rims next weekend.

Went with the perforated Flite saddle.

Will be using the Alpinestar 1 1/4" Gary Fisher black headset that originally came w/ the stock Ti Mega's. The headset is still in the mail so I'll add the XT as a place holder until it arrives.

Will be using black Ringle Holey skewers as well.

I have two sets of brakes 732's in both Black and Silver. Going to put both on and compare.

Once the wheels are built, they will be rolling on NOS Gumwall Porc II's.

Let me know what you think of the direction? I would love to hear some feedback.

ASandParts-1.jpg

Re:

It looks great so far.

I just looked up what sizes the fames were offered and the largest was 52cm or 20". No love for the over 6'3" crowd. Boo.

Re: Re:

ez054098":1n40qp9z said:
It looks great so far.

I just looked up what sizes the fames were offered and the largest was 52cm or 20". No love for the over 6'3" crowd. Boo.

Actually, the 20.5" Ti Mega that we are about to put on eBay is HUGE. It will Definitely fit someone who is 6'3". I am 6'4" and rode the bike around the shop... it fit great. The XL / 20.5" will fit you well and if it doesn't I'll pay the return shipping and refund you in full.

If you are interested let me know, it is going up on eBay this weekend for $1249.99 opening bid w/ no BIN.

theproscloset":m8rbeeth said:
ez054098":m8rbeeth said:
It looks great so far.

Actually, the 20.5" Ti Mega that we are about to put on eBay is HUGE. It will Definitely fit someone who is 6'3". I am 6'4" and rode the bike around the shop... it fit great. The XL / 20.5" will fit you well and if it doesn't I'll pay the return shipping and refund you in full.

If you are interested let me know, it is going up on eBay this weekend for $1249.99 opening bid w/ no BIN.

Does it include the fork?

ez054098":2gbmf9j5 said:
theproscloset":2gbmf9j5 said:
ez054098":2gbmf9j5 said:
It looks great so far.

Does it include the fork?

Yes it includes the original fork. I have a couple photos that I will attach. It is a 1991 as well with the Aluminum front fork. It is doesn't have any cracks and has never needed a repair. It's a beauty.. would be tough to find one nicer.

I was going to keep it for myself since it fit so well (my inseam is 34 and my saddle height is 845mm) but I have too many bikes and financially can't justify it. It's the nicest XL Ti-Mega you could ever hope for. And if you don't like it, send it back and I'll refund you in full!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• DriveSide.jpg
    DriveSide.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Nondrive side.jpg
    Nondrive side.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Welds.jpg
    Welds.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 268
Re:

The one you saw in mountain bike action is the one in this thread… This was the bike… The actual bike that was on the cover of mountain bike action for their titanium feature.

Back