16" Aqua Zaskar (Marmite Update 5/5/14)

Re: Zaskars - When 2 become 1..

cherrybomb":2o67v4qs said:
You should be able to run it to the stop just under the rear of the top tube just behind where the seat tubes meet it.

You might be able to get away with a standard cable ferrule but may need a stepped one. SJS sell them if you do. ;)

I tried a standard ferrule but it didn't fit into the stop at all, and looked terrible!

I've never even heard of a stepped ferrule! *goes to SJS website* ;)

Are these the beggars I need then?

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/thorn-steppe ... prod19852/

19852.jpg

I've ordered the ones I linked to - it looks like they'll fit nicely as the stepped down part will make the ferrule the same width as the cable outer, so should slide into the frame guide :)

Cool. :cool:

I'll be interested to see how that turns out. Should look like it was meant to be.

cherrybomb":kgzxqaf3 said:
Cool. :cool:

I'll be interested to see how that turns out. Should look like it was meant to be.

I hope it'll work because the current setup looks like a bit of a bodge. Because it is!

It's a tidy bodge though ;)

I ran v brakes on a 95 Zaskar BITD which is (as far as I know) identical to the 94 frame.

So it should work. ;)

Barneyballbags":1k3reh26 said:
Out of interest, is there a better way to run a V Brake on the back?

At the moment, I have to run a long length of outer from the brakes all the way through to the first cable guide (by the headtube), as the cable guide nearest the brakes doesn't have a stop on it, so the outer just passes straight through.

The brake works fine, but it just looks a bit untidy. I realise that the best solution would be to ditch the Vs and run cantis, but Vs are what I have..!

Hopefully the picture in my previous post should (just about) illustrate what I mean. You can just about see the length of outer running underneath the top tube.

I just inserted the bare cable into the stop and it worked just fine when I was running v-brakes on my 96 Zaskar.

dirttorpedo":13okhxbd said:
I just inserted the bare cable into the stop and it worked just fine when I was running v-brakes on my 96 Zaskar.

I did try that, but the outer kept creeping :(

Back