** Show us your Modern/retro Kona **

Kona Hot by Teesdale

I worked with Tom for some years in the 1970s/1980s. Tom was building custom frames in the back building of a bike shop in Davenport Iowa where I worked as a bike mechanic. He relocated from his fathers barn at the request of the bike shop manager who knew Tom from their college days. I would assemble his frames and tandems for local customers. The bike shop sold and moved to a new building and Tom wasn't included in the new owners plans. After he moved to West Branch Iowa and I moved to Iowa City, I would often stop by his place in West Branch for small projects and to chat. One day I had an appointment and he was late. Tom arrived riding a really beat up Kona Hot. What he said to me was just incredible. I know Tom has designed and built an unknown number of prototypes and initial production for perhaps several dozen bike companies including Kona. He had a great reputation within the bike manufacturers. Mostly unknown by the rest of the world. Tom Anyhow Tom said to me "Of all the bikes I've built, this is my favorite". Wow. I had to get one. TET on the bb was his signature on the frames.

Kona.Hot.TET.1517 (2).JPG Kona.Hot.TET.1517 (3).JPG Kona.Hot.TET.1517 (5).JPG Kona.Hot.TET.1517 (6).JPG Kona.Hot.TET.1517 (9).JPG

Kona Hot by Teesdale

I worked with Tom for some years in the 1970s/1980s. Tom was building custom frames in the back building of a bike shop in Davenport Iowa where I worked as a bike mechanic. He relocated from his fathers barn at the request of the bike shop manager who knew Tom from their college days. I would assemble his frames and tandems for local customers. The bike shop sold and moved to a new building and Tom wasn't included in the new owners plans. After he moved to West Branch Iowa and I moved to Iowa City, I would often stop by his place in West Branch for small projects and to chat. One day I had an appointment and he was late. Tom arrived riding a really beat up Kona Hot. What he said to me was just incredible. I know Tom has designed and built an unknown number of prototypes and initial production for perhaps several dozen bike companies including Kona. He had a great reputation within the bike manufacturers. Mostly unknown by the rest of the world. Tom Anyhow Tom said to me "Of all the bikes I've built, this is my favorite". Wow. I had to get one. TET on the bb was his signature on the frames.

View attachment 887102View attachment 887103View attachment 887104View attachment 887105View attachment 887106
That is lovely, and another one to add to the list here:Hot List

Nice list, the Kona Hot List. I hope the above post has what's needed to add it to the list for whoever is maintaining the list now.

Back