16" Aqua Zaskar (Marmite Update 5/5/14)

Re: Zaskars - When 2 become 1..

There's probably a few purists who will dislike the V-Brakes. Especially when you have canti stops ;-)

Logic.Al":p1urhwal said:
There's probably a few purists who will dislike the V-Brakes. Especially when you have canti stops ;-)

I agree, cantis all the way! But i still like what youve done with it

Sean

It was a sad day when I found out you was breaking my old zaskar, but what you have done looks great

Kirbdug :D

kirbdug":2o444k3m said:
It was a sad day when I found out you was breaking my old zaskar, but what you have done looks great

Kirbdug :D

You see, it was all for a good cause ;)

Out of interest, is there a better way to run a V Brake on the back?

At the moment, I have to run a long length of outer from the brakes all the way through to the first cable guide (by the headtube), as the cable guide nearest the brakes doesn't have a stop on it, so the outer just passes straight through.

The brake works fine, but it just looks a bit untidy. I realise that the best solution would be to ditch the Vs and run cantis, but Vs are what I have..!

Hopefully the picture in my previous post should (just about) illustrate what I mean. You can just about see the length of outer running underneath the top tube.

You should be able to run it to the stop just under the rear of the top tube just behind where the seat tubes meet it.

You might be able to get away with a standard cable ferrule but may need a stepped one. SJS sell them if you do. ;)

Back