legrandefromage":258ru59k said:
daj":258ru59k said:
That they are actually quite shit!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Quote taken from the forthcoming autobiography:

'Daj - I'm grumpy because I just cant ride a bike properly'

in some countries available as:

'Daj - Ich bin ein mürrischer Spatenstich'

with the tag line:

'Ich kann ein Mountainbike nicht reiten, mein Leben geschweige denn ein altes speichern'
he's not wrong tho. Some of the stuff offered up as retro bikes on here were shit 25 years ago, and 25 years hasn't been kind to them......

syncrosfan":28mw2y5n said:
The trouble sourcing drive-train parts, such as cassettes (NOS XT 8-speed cassettes are nearly impossible to find) and especially 5 bolt chain-rings in an 94/58 BCD. With those wear and tear items, it'll get harder and harder to keep the bikes running.

Eh? Spa Cycles has a full range of rings from TA and Stronglight, which last easily three times as long as the silvery stamped cheese of Shimano.

Pedro at al - you're all missing a trick. My kitchen:

33814ac83fcb2b446835b2d21b8a1d7d_zps52967fcd.jpg

Going in to the LBS. Paying off your tab. Then walking out 2 hours later with a new tab that's as big or bigger than the one you just paid off.

I don't have enough of them - particularly an early 90's Brodie, Kona or Rocky Mountain.

Other biggest problem is figuring out what size bike I fit BITD.

andyz":rzr1r89l said:
Selling a component, then a month later discovering that you needed it after all.

Tell me about it - untill a couple of weeks ago I'd hung on to a pair of Pace canti bosses for about three years ... then needed them a fortnight after they went in the post :facepalm:

:LOL:

Back