Y.O.M for P. Barnard & Son?

Hi! A metal detectorist brought this piece to us in the museum. ( Northwest- Hungary, Sopron) Although not an archaeological object, we found it interesting. I'm assuming it's a metal badge from a bike. How old can it be? The decals seen here all look younger. Thank you!

Attachments

• DSCN7555.JPG
    DSCN7555.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 26
Hi! A metal detectorist brought this piece to us in the museum. ( Northwest- Hungary, Sopron) Although not an archaeological object, we found it interesting. I'm assuming it's a metal badge from a bike. How old can it be? The decals seen here all look younger. Thank you!
Can’t help with the exact age. It’s probably 50s and there were a lot of lightweight builders in that area of south London at that time.

65 Station Road looks to be down the side of the railway arches between Brixton Station and the leisure centre. It’s kind of a market road these days. If you ever visit London it’s about 10 minutes train ride away on the London Victoria to Orpington line. Great food in Brixton.

Thanks for sharing this. It looks-to-be a proper P. Barnard (brass?) head-badge. Percy built from 1930-60. All his frames were bespoke. have you tried to clean/restore this badge? You say it was found in Hungary?

Can’t help with the exact age. It’s probably 50s and there were a lot of lightweight builders in that area of south London at that time.

65 Station Road looks to be down the side of the railway arches between Brixton Station and the leisure centre. It’s kind of a market road these days. If you ever visit London it’s about 10 minutes train ride away on the London Victoria to Orpington line. Great food in Brixton.

I bet that’s fast going downhills 🤪
You want to find out?

Just a few more with some exchanges happening. Deep-drop Lauterwasser bars, GB girder stem, Simplex Touriste 303 mech and 27x1" tires. Also, an Adie bell (of course...).

Attachments

• Barnleft.JPG
    Barnleft.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 9
  • bike corral2.JPG
    bike corral2.JPG
    688 KB · Views: 7
  • May84.JPG
    May84.JPG
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 8
Back