Xtr m900 36h f hub,Green AC booster,Orange s/post+

ishaw":31cy0ipe said:
development_cycle":31cy0ipe said:
Talk to me about the Orange seat post please. Have one of these that needs to be replaced because every time I ride the saddle rotates up and down, something must have smoothed off in the clamp area. What condition are the top parts in when you look at the grooves?
I've just taken a look inside the clamp area and it is full of grooves that you can feel with your fingers, not smoothed at all. If you want me to inspect anything in more detail, just let me know.

Yes please, can you let me know also if the grooves on the actual silver inserts are good too? I just took mine appart on the train in to work this morning and also found the grooves on mine inside the actual post to be in good order, but those on the silver top and bottom clamp parts are smoothed almost completely. Temporary fix shoving some tape in there to at least beef it up for when I clamp it up for the ride home tonight; so it's really those silver inserts that are most important for me as my post seems fine.

Cheers

Can I have the:-

Chris King Headset #2
No fading to this one, the bottom part is perfect, some cosmetic marks to the upper, especially to the covering plate (no idea how these were made, not asked previous owner who I bought this off for more than the following price - new ones available for around £10 from Wiggle) - £35

I'll send you a PM in a minute.

Thanks.

development_cycle":1c3vldcn said:
ishaw":1c3vldcn said:
development_cycle":1c3vldcn said:
Talk to me about the Orange seat post please. Have one of these that needs to be replaced because every time I ride the saddle rotates up and down, something must have smoothed off in the clamp area. What condition are the top parts in when you look at the grooves?
I've just taken a look inside the clamp area and it is full of grooves that you can feel with your fingers, not smoothed at all. If you want me to inspect anything in more detail, just let me know.

Yes please, can you let me know also if the grooves on the actual silver inserts are good too? I just took mine appart on the train in to work this morning and also found the grooves on mine inside the actual post to be in good order, but those on the silver top and bottom clamp parts are smoothed almost completely. Temporary fix shoving some tape in there to at least beef it up for when I clamp it up for the ride home tonight; so it's really those silver inserts that are most important for me as my post seems fine.

Cheers
I've checked it out and whilst I would not say the grooves in the upper/lower inserts are massive, they are there in part, and when I bought the post, it did come with a saddle that was firmly clamped inside, so I. Think you'd be fine using this clamp as it certainly isn't smooth. If you take it and find you can't use it, I'd be happy to refund you, taking the risk out of your purchase.

Ian

Back