Wow I found my favorite bike of all time- on Ebay

So quick bit of research shows made in 1988 promo, rare too! Nice one.

And my flame red is probably chrome red...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
quickdraw":1aef8nxw said:
fingers":1aef8nxw said:
Is it a usa strat?

nah, It's actually a relic. I'm having a builder make me one out of fender parts.

I'm paying as much as a US strat though.

Be interested in seeing this :cool: , i love my Strat, just a humble Mexican though, but plays really well, action is perfect even after some DIY relicing/aging abuse :twisted: (would'nt have done that with a US one though)

That's it in my avitar, will post a bigger pic later.

Recently bought an SG but just cant get into it :roll:

I keep thinking about a gibson but really, I fancy another strat... Saw a lovely custom in fiesta red with gold metalwork and humbuckers, so you dont need a les paul for the wide crunch!

jimihendrix":xfa1rylz said:
quickdraw":xfa1rylz said:
fingers":xfa1rylz said:
Is it a usa strat?

nah, It's actually a relic. I'm having a builder make me one out of fender parts.

I'm paying as much as a US strat though.

Be interested in seeing this :cool: , i love my Strat, just a humble Mexican though, but plays really well, action is perfect even after some DIY relicing/aging abuse :twisted: (would'nt have done that with a US one though)

That's it in my avitar, will post a bigger pic later.

Recently bought an SG but just cant get into it :roll:

The guitar won't be ready for a week but I've been getting pictures

When it's done it will look almost exactly like this. I used this as a model and the guy really nailed it.

http://www.gbase.com/gear/fender-custom ... -heavy-r-2

I'm really anal about guitars. I can try 10 of the same strat models in a store and I'll like 2, hate 2, and be so so about the others. It's weird.

Thats nice :cool: , i do like the heavy relics.

I've probably gone beyond heavy relic with mine (totaly fecked ? :LOL:), not as natural looking as a pro job but i like it.

strat-1.jpg

stratclose.jpg

Original paint was a nightmare to get off, it was more like plastic than paint, seems to sound better with that taken off, original colour was light metalic blue with a white guard.

Know what you mean about guitars vairying (sp ?), especially strats, i didn't try many before i bought this but i think i was lucky as i've tried a few since (only one US strat though) and this feels perfect.
Bought a new Fender Jaguar a while ago, stunning looking guitar but had to sell it as i just couldn't get used to it, the SG has turned out the same but i'm trying to persevere with it :roll:

quickdraw":1zca2gos said:
So it's pretty sparkly. That 853 was incredibly comfy and sucked up all the hits. It was like going over bumps on a couch.

Oh, and he's off by three years.

And surely he's wrong about the "Made in USA" bit too ??

jimihendrix":g3oduzgi said:
Original paint was a nightmare to get off, it was more like plastic than paint, seems to sound better with that taken off, original colour was light metalic blue with a white guard.

Your paint probably wasnt nitro, which is thin and easy to work with. You did a nice job though. Half of the relics out there look like they were made with a belt sander or a pick axe.

There's a company in UK, Fatboy, that make new old-looking parts for relics. My pup covers, knobs etc are from them. I don't know how they'd look with your white paint, but they make most guitars look older. They look like the real thing. Fender should use them on their relics as their parts look too new for supposedly old battered guitars.

http://www.fatboyguitars.co.uk/userimages/procart7.htm

fingers":1uii1q1c said:
I keep thinking about a gibson but really, I fancy another strat... Saw a lovely custom in fiesta red with gold metalwork and humbuckers, so you dont need a les paul for the wide crunch!

It's always nice to have a gibson and a strat. There's a high pitched squeal, think Allman Brothers, that you can't get out of a Fender even with buckers.
And there's that chimey 60's Strat tone you could never get out of a Gibson.

But you can get almost every tone out of a strat. More versatile than any Gibson.

You just have to keep trying different guitars. You'll eventually find a Gibson or strat that sounds right and feels like an extension of your body.

Back