Silverfish 1993 Fat Chance Ti

Also had a play with switching the cranks to black.
Headset needs to be black or turq.
Could do a mix of black and turq tho I think I’m leaning towards all black… IMG_9819.jpeg IMG_9832.jpeg IMG_9833.jpeg IMG_9834.jpeg

Very jealous, would love one of these framesets myself one day - guess I'll make do with Merlins for the time being!
Not sure turquoise would be my thing but I get why it might look right on the frameset, and that Zooka looks the part.
I kinda wish the silver on the forks was a few shades darker to make it look a bit more 'ti'.

That’s the way they came out of the factory and they didn’t try and colour match the titanium.

Not really sure why they didn’t, I guess it’s because it’s hard to colour match raw brushed titanium with paint?

I’m not sure I like it either - would look so much cleaner with a brushed ti fork. Or even just solid black. IMG_9835.jpeg IMG_9836.jpeg

I’m thinking this bike might be just the right build to use my titanium Marinovative Decelerators on?

Maybe they’re a little early for a 93 though? I might have a play later…

Attachments

• IMG_9839.jpeg
    IMG_9839.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
i am so glad you got this, there is a small part of this bikes story you don't know!

this picture was taken a few months ago at my shop, obvs it's the same bike!

about a year ago i think, i was down the local brewery with some friends, they are in to bikes but they are mostly a little younger than me in their 30's etc, they think they know a lot about bikes, and they do, but me being a little older i know more, don't mean that in a big headed way it's just knowledge over time. anyway, that night i had turned up on my fat chance buckshaver, now none of these guys had heard of fat chance before, so they were crawling all over it. now with this bunch of guys they like to one up each other quite a bit, and sometimes i think they want to one up me . . . but i don't care, so they all went on ebay, facebook marketplace etc and they found a buckshaver available in southampton, then bought it, but that's not a big enough one up is it? it had to be better than a buckshaver . . . then this bike popped up, so one of them bought it, they proceeded to show it off a bit, but frankly the owner was too fat to have a chance of riding it! (see what i did there?) i don't mean that in a mean way, these bikes were made for racing and when like me you get a bit of a spread it's hard to be comfortable on them! this guy sold it, i heard back to the guy he'd bought it off.

but i'm pleased because this guy didn't buy it because he understands the relevance of the bike, the brand, it was just a tool for a one up situation amongst the group of friends. it's good that he decided to sell and it's good that someone like yourself got it.

fcti.jpg

Not really sure why they didn’t, I guess it’s because it’s hard to colour match raw brushed titanium with paint?
Certainly not perfect (mainly owing to gloss Vs matt finish) but some P2's are very close to raw ti...
Screenshot_20240923-193807.png
Not suggesting for a second on your build but a happy accident on mine that I'm pleased with (please excuse the pig ugly headset!).

Latest posts

Back