Word gets around !

Stewart H

Dirt Disciple
I woke up this morning...... not a lot to do, I have moved on a few of my restoration/cleanups and there was a surprising amount of vacant space in the shed and garage.....then there, leaning against the garage door were a pair of old bikes that someone left ???
I took SWMBO to her work and rushed back to see what my mystery benefactor had left me, a Raleigh mens medale, this one is the ten speeder, cotterless, big springy seat, 27" tyres original steel mudguards and rack, I have another of these, a five speeder that is awaiting delivery to its new keeper and its the most pleasant ride of all the retro Raleighs that I have yet owned, maybe I will keep this one ?
The other one is a Ladies Sun solo, The Head badge reads Sun Nottingham 27" wheels, some nice looking stainless ?mudguards, five speed shift mounted on the stem, cottered cranks, Huret.
Both of the bikes have supplying dealer stickers from a local dealer, matching squire cable locks and those odometers that mount on the front wheel spindle, the ladies one looks like an easy restoration, I think a good clean and make rideable is the first order of business.
Comments about mowing the lawn and finishing the trailer welcome ;)

Attachments

• DSCF3556 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3556 (640x480).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCF3562 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF3562 (640x480).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 250
Back