Why no love for Cannondale?

I had the F3000 Canondale/ Volvo from 1999 - it was the worst thing I had ever had the misfortune to spend money on.

I rode it through the doors of Mike's Bikes in Cambridge into (and over) the then arraogant tw@t of a Canondale rep to show how cack the brakes were - I got nowhere and sold it asap.

I love my 1995 M900, I paid £45 on fleabay for it and even with a dodgy black spray job Iknew I was onto a winner. I built it up with odd parts I had in the garage,commuted on it for a year and toured for three days, Whitehaven to Newcastle to make sure it was good for long Sustrans type routes. (we do one a year) Needless to say it passed with flying colours, corfortable strong and light.

Eighteen months down the line and it has been reborn with P-bone 'dale forks instead of the mismatched red Orange F14's, new gears and brakes and a professional paintjob.

You are dead right there's no love lost for the brand though, I posted her up on the gallery and a thread on the forum and only received one tongue-in-cheek reply from a guy at work!

Overall I think Cannondale perform but just don't have the exclusivity or wow factor most retrobikers desire.

Attachments

• serpentdale_08_003_167.jpg
    serpentdale_08_003_167.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 2,312
I bought mine as a frame in 1993 - it's a 1992 3.0 series, had been raced by a rider sponsored by the shop I bought it from. Been through a lot since then, hence is somewhat battered-looking. This was the last time it ventured off-road:

24pouces":1o8w9y4l said:
cherrybomb":1o8w9y4l said:
tintin40":1o8w9y4l said:
Sorry I was in the Klein camp for alloy mtbs. :cool: dales just didn't compare to to them in any dept.

You mean Dales were built properly and didn't have silly paint jobs?? :LOL: :LOL:
For silly paint job, I saw that on MTBR :D :D
pict0001a1rh7.jpg

I loved the black-green neon and pink neon of my EST frame :LOL: :LOL:

Love the painted to match hammerhead :) pitty he didn't do the same with the hardcore forks.......

I've had dale's for the past 7/8 years and i absolutely adore them, hardtail or full sus brought a smile to my face. Raced them for several years and they are an ideal allrounder!

ehh

is it maybe that the P7's are brittish and that's why they are so popular? I would go for a Kona insteed...

Race bikes are not for everyone but the P7 is like an Rover, nice, but a bit cheaper then an jaguar, but nice details...

Hi, everyone. May be I'm the minority but I love Cannondale ever since I discovered the sport of Mountain Biking. It's the Super V frame that catched my attention. I had a Super V while I was in college and like it a lot (and still having it). Though I don't quite like the headshok, it works with no trouble. Recently (more than 10 years later), I just bought my 2nd bike which is also a Cannondale and it rocks both uphill and downhill~! If I ever need a 3rd bike, it'll still be a Cannondale! :D

mtb_001.jpg

n739312083_1207967_6767.jpg

Saw Franck Roman and tried to rescue him t'other day.......

Attachments

• Franck Roman.JPG
    Franck Roman.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,966
I think they are a bit like BMWs - you either love them to bits or won't be seen dead on one.

I don't know why, they just seem to polarise people.

Konas seem to have their fanatics and people just don't get it, but aren't antagonised by them. It's strange.

Back