Why do you 'do' Retrobikes?

gibbleking":17mld1xv said:
Neil":17mld1xv said:
Bike Hoarder":17mld1xv said:
I'm here because i'm stuck in that time period, i'm still listening early 90's music on Mini-Disc, and driving an 80's car.
Mini-disc - I still have several portables, although it's getting to be much more occasional usage.

Used to think they were one of the coolest gadgets out there - almost a bit of a secret.
i love minidisc players...sound is much bettter than mp3 players......have you got the net md type lp ....they are quite costly still..
The last Minidisc unit I got was a bookshelf thing - does the LP modes, but that's not really of any use, because my portables are pre most of the LP modes - and it kinda defeats the quality thing, anyway. One thing it does do, though, is CD->MD recording at x2 speed - which I did find useful.

I've still got 2 x Aiwa AM-F65s (although one is a bit, well, bust), a Sharp MT-831, and 2 x Sharp MT16 / MT20s.

Hardly ever use them, though, now.

Mention Mini-Discs, and everyone comes crawling out the woodwork!!

I thought i was the only one, outside of the radio/recording industry that uses one.

Got one in my '87 16v Golf, one seperate, and a couple of portable ones. I actually use one in the garage hooked up to some PC speakers, for when i'm fettling.

I do try and keep my mini-disc recordings period to that era, bit of Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins etc.

Sorry, gone way OT!! :roll:

Back