WHY building a bike for my daughter

No this isn't a retro build, just a nice reliable bike for my daughter.

Cranck length, probably shorter the better so 170

Bars, Stem, and Front mech. (free ;) )

I feel like taking the bike for a spin and Lincoln is an ideal destination :)

Actually Satnav broke :( you can have them for postage

Thanks titch, much appreciated.

I'm still at the gathering parts stage, so no really hurry for these. I can always find a reason to pop over to Cleethorpes to collect to save on postage ;) :LOL:

edit to add: I've been ringing around local powder coating firms, and one very local does bike frames for around £50. They've done loads (according to them) but I haven't seen examples of their work yet. That will work out cheaper than me buying all the parts to strip and paint it myself.

PM me your address Ive got some NOS GT decals you can have (been looking for a worthy home for them ;) ps go with the powdercoat.if its for a junior(learnt from experience !)

Sidewinder":46jrsktt said:
PM me your address Ive got some NOS GT decals you can have (been looking for a worthy home for them ;) ps go with the powdercoat.if its for a junior(learnt from experience !)

Nice one, thanks for that.

As regards the powder coating, I had the same thought :D

What I have is;
Flat bars, 570mm, Black but some colour has come off, few scrathches
Shimano Tourney Front mech, 31.8mm, little bit of chain rub bottom pull
And a set of generic canti's, can only find one spring at the moment but can look if you're interested.
Can't find the stem though :oops:

If I can find them I'll throw a set of yellow GT grips in as well ;) assuming the new colour is going to be yellow ?

I have a purple ano flat bar in one of my my for sale threads, check it out and if you think she will like it you can have it gratis, just chuck me over 2 quid for the p and p.

Sidewinder":3mjgtg9o said:
If I can find them I'll throw a set of yellow GT grips in as well ;) assuming the new colour is going to be yellow ?

Nice one. The theme is going to be white frame/forks with a colour theme made up from cables, grips, pedals etc.

titch_16":3mjgtg9o said:
What I have is;
Flat bars, 570mm, Black but some colour has come off, few scrathches
Shimano Tourney Front mech, 31.8mm, little bit of chain rub bottom pull
And a set of generic canti's, can only find one spring at the moment but can look if you're interested.
Can't find the stem though

I'll take the bars off you, the rest I have already. Thanks for the offer though.

Back