Who's got what on the go, right now...??

I've got a 1999 orange/white Orange Clockwork frame + 1992 Alpinestars E-Stay frame ready for some love. Don't have many parts in the spares bin so not sure what direction either will take at the moment. The Alpinestars needs some welding so the quality of the finish will decide the quality of the final build.

Got my eye on a couple of Orange's in the FS section so if I go for any of them (or if I some how bag a Yo ;) ) the two above will probably get put on the back burner. I need something to come along that really gets my juices flowing because both the frames I've got are not inspiring me right now tbh.

Nothing for me apart from maybe sourcing and building my own wheels for the pathfinder.
Got the 1993 Hahanna to do for my lads xmas present, got everything bar the STX-RC Shifters, Pedals and one tyre.
The frame needs blasting a new cable stop adding and then a powder coat, the forks (Bombers Z4's) and controltech stem also need stripping and powdercoating too, but I have 6 months to get this done in now.

Carl.

Building:

1. Chris Chance!! (all I need is a seatpost)
2. Wicked Fat Chance (all I need is a crown race)
3. Yo Eddy rebuild (got the parts, need to decide which to use and which to sell)
4. (the longshot, but the one I most want to finish) IF Crown Jewel....I need some funds to get a decent new gruppo and wheels for it....
5. (the back burner) Ritchey TimberComp

Unbuilding:

1. Brave Warrior
2. 3Rensho SuperRecord Export
3. Casati

Rebuilding the 1992 Xizang just now - fitting discs front and back - 1992 hope discs of course...

IMAG0240.jpg

Also taking the colour back a bit gone from red and blue bling to black and white.

Rod_Saetan":kfilcrzs said:
sancho":kfilcrzs said:
Grove Innovations Team bike made from Aermet tubing.

Waiting for decals from Gil so I can give the go ahead on a frame, fork and bar/stem respray in the original team colors.

Pics!

The frame and parts are with John Upcraft, a former Grove employee. There is a pic of a much abused team Grove on the Purple Lizard website, right above the black/red/yellow Assault at the bottom of the page (which is also mine and shown the way it was built up when I bought it).

http://www.purplelizard.com/GI%20aggressor.htm

The one between those two is the one that I'm getting resprayed. The guy who had it before me had it powdwercoated, but the colors don't match the original paint (which John still has).

Funny thing about the bikes is that the tri-color Assault was sold to me as an Aermet tubed bike, but it's probably not, and I purchased the powdercoated frame thinking it was regular True Temper steel, only to find out from John that it was actually made from Aermet.

Deal is done. GT #4 is on it's way. Odd, seeing that I owned exactly none in January. 2 steel, 1 aluminum. What's #4? Steel? Ti?

All I have so far is a headache from deciding what bike to use as a commuter

I dont like modern so want to ride retro, thing is, I dont want to wear out all my NOS!

So will be building 'something' using 7 or 8 spd SRAM cassttes from work at trade price to keep it all cheap.

Flogging a few as well so expect some famous names to disappear and reappear with their new owners after some frantic behind the scenes PM'ing...

Ritchey Team Comp: Have a load of bits just need to sort out some suitable wheels, looking for dura ace hubs and some Araya rims, tyres etc. Oh and some deerhead shifters.

Fat Chance: Have most bits for this too I think, not too flash just some nice period kit.

Fisher HooKooEKoo: To be powder coated and built as a rough stuff tourer, with drops and racks, currently headscratching about a LD stem and shifter options. Should be a no frills LX/DX kinda build. Slow burner.

Vicious Cycles Metal Guru: Will be powdered and built singlespeed hopefully for SSWC.

Serotta Colorado Tri: Needing mostly wheels and a few bits and bobs, sloow burner this one.

Klein Pinnacle: 97 I reckon pinnacle which will be a stubbsy beating flyweight, might even build it geared to trump him twice. Not even started yet.

Planet X road bike to be finished and some other stuff lying about with no agenda. And every day I'm getting a wee bit closer to starting the mancave( I have been talking about this for quite while :oops: )

Back