Who's got what on the go, right now...??

Only the '97 DMR Trailstar (link in my sig) has been started this year and will be finished for Summer, and it only really needs a nice rear V-brake and some finishing touches..

The others either hark back to last year or won't be anywhere near to finished (or that far from started) this Summer.

My first MTB, Light Grey Zolatone Pine Mountain. Currently looking at shipping it to Californian just to get the new paint right. Over the top I know but now in its 20th year with me so I think it deserves some cosmetic surgery.

F7 RC200. Running restoration, and a damn good fun one at that. Cant decide whether to keep it with contemporary XT or start upgrading with contemporay XTR. Interesting that there a few other 200's out there requiring attention. Id have thought for the prices they achieve they'd rebuild themselves!!!

Also still trying to build the bike I can feel comfortable leaving outside a shop. Thats proving to be the toughest project of all - finding something thats a pleasure to ride that doesnt look desirable.

Grove Innovations Team bike made from Aermet tubing.

Waiting for decals from Gil so I can give the go ahead on a frame, fork and bar/stem respray in the original team colors.

Only two things on the go for me at opposite ends of the status spectrum.

'94 Explosif - almost finished, but 100% ridable (and beng ridden lots) - only things remaining are new crank bolts and potential mind change on the bars/barends. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vi...ays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sparkle&start=0

'xx Trek 4500 for the other half - more a build a bike for her to ride than a proper "project". Current status - not started, frame due to be sent to me this weekend, other bits to be removed from donor in the shed. :shock:

mrkawasaki":u9gmv7sh said:
Rules of engagement -

Only 'live' project builds started in 2011
Only project builds that have a sporting chance of being completed this summer

Ignoring the seasonal thing due to my location my live 2011 projects are briefly as follows:

Ritchey P-23
Toads x 2
Turner FTF
Kona Kilauea

Normally I like to get all the parts for a build before starting but I’ve started on these in hope that the right parts turn up before winter is over.

my current build is a modern :oops: :oops:

Genesis 853 altitude frame (going off colour i think its a 200:cool:
pace stealth forks
full slx groupo
hone cranks
xt/xtr discs
easton ea90 or hope stem
sdg bel air saddle

bars/seat post/chain/tyres to be sorted

thinking of going 2inch slicks for a bit of fast road action :cool: :cool: :cool:

non-professionally, a nice-to-ride-but-not-so-fancy-people-want-to-steal-it-from-a-shed-in-hales-owen bike for my sister

so she can take my twin nephews out on the 20" wheeled Gary Fisher and Specialized they inherited from my 2 lads.

Anyone with a cheap, tatty but nice frame in 14"/15" - canti or V - please shout up.

right now?

4 custom re-builds... all spearmint green powdercoated... like a strange little family of minty freak offsprings:

'93 Raleigh Chiltern Lady (3 speed roadster)
'78 Peugeot racer (vintage but single speed)
skip found steel 26" wheel thing (rigid ATB/commuter)
'99? Claude Butler Tasmin (1 x 8 XC with Bombers)

... all with various white & red trim & bits - it's very this season :)

ps, I did have a '97 Rockhopper on the go, but that's been put to one side due to 'technical issues'... a '50s road-braked 3 speed MAY replace it in the (bulging) sandblasting box.

Right now, I have them all stripped down and laid out in the back garden, swapping parts around and deciding what to paint / fit / discard :LOL:

Only just started my 1989 Merlin Titanium build... but it's getting there. Just need a stem and handlebar actually to finish it, oh yeah and a bottle cage too ;-)

Gonna be the only one this year I think, since the GF wants to go on a Maldives holiday this year.

Just about the only thing left on the wish list is an early YETI now :oops:

Just started building my 82 escape goat, was going to get it painted but now going to touch it up instead.

Also got a 98 zaskar to build for the lad and a 99 heckler which is currently undergoing a course of nitromoors then some severe polishing.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back