Who Still Rides Retrobikes

Religious extremist !!!!!!!!!!

I've been called many things but thats a bit off, get on a plane, fly half way around the world and call me that....you....you.....Australian person you :x

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Only kidding, lets be secular about this ;)

I ride my my retro orange but at Hammers it has to be the 575.
I'm not that good of a rider to ride fully rigid on a DH or 4X course.
And at mid 40 my body complains !!

love the ride through technical and the ease on the hills as so light.
and the comments it gets at the cafe !

my philosophy is ride it, i fixed it up once to enjoy so can do that again.

:LOL:

"Elements of the past and elements of the future!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w

Here's my ride before going to the powder coaters. On its return it will have one hell of a polishing.

Bought the frame and forks in '93. For the last year and a half, this bomb proof ride has been clocking 163 miles per week commuting through London. Weekends are local trails, dirt jumps and allotmenteering.

My other half chastised me the other day for looking at another Orange frame on Ebay: "you've already got one, why do you need another bike?". I could mention the boots and handbags, but then life would not be worth living.

I think there's room for all shades – for appreciating art and craftmanship. I'm attached to my trusty old Clockwork. It's about fun, simplicity and sustainability. Personally, I'm not keen on a lot of the modern bikes – they're over engineered and just lack an engine (there's an amusing article in this month's Dirt magazine). Don't be too precious – enjoy life, even if that includes polishing and fettling.

Attachments

• groovybluesheds-clockwork.jpg
    groovybluesheds-clockwork.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 411
I love jumping on one of my old Kona's after I've been riding downhill tracks all day on my big full suspension spesh sx trail, the bike feels so light and nimble blasting along the local tracks,it's just the brakes that take a bit time to readjust to lol I've done the red route at glentress on the Cindercone it climbed brilliant and scared me to death on the way back down but it was still a class day :)

Early 90s Konas just look so godamm right :D

My newest mountain bike is 1996.

Road bikes, well they're different. Current age range 1967 - 2006 or thereabouts ;)

velomaniac":2gzks239 said:
There are disquieting murmurs I have noted that suggest some people on here collect but dont actually ride retrobikes anymore :shock:

To me this is sacriligeous !!!

However I do understand where this is coming from as well even I admit modern bikes have many nice features such as Disc Brakes and suspension that actually works.

I still primarily ride retro but occasionally ride modern.

Who still rides old stuff and if you dont, why ?

I don't think it's sacriligeous- people collect all manner of guff just for the sake of it and if it makes you happy, what's the problem?

I enjoy looking at the bikes on here and they don't look less lovely for being mud phobic. I ride old and new depending on the trails but my new is very retroesque anyway.

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

I do and am proud to do so.

Please don't be angry with me, but my 1994 Clark Kent F14 Ti is more road orientated but its great ride and I always have a great feeling when I zip by roadies riding the ultra modern bikes.

To be honest I'd ride them a lot more...

...if I weren't always tinkering with them, buying and trying 'new' parts etc etc etc..... :LOL: ;)

Back