Who Still Rides Retrobikes

Some time ago i had my confession thread about separating my love for retro from actual riding. The decision came after i started riding more again.

BITD, the thing that got me (us) into MTB was RIDING and the love for fast evolving new technologies and exotic materials all found on mountain bikes.
It was enjoying and celebrating progress!!
The sentimental escapism is fine and is a great tool for fighting time and own mortality :D
..But when going down the nasty,technical, beautiful, long descend, pushing myself to be on the edge of my skills, i realized it is about the ride and want again (as i wanted then) the best equipment i can afford to support me in my riding..

Also when riding regularly you start to feel that every part of your bike has its lifespan.. but i like my memories to be with me forever!..
Retrobikes are basically materialized memories..

Totally agree capin,that's why I'm buying a 2013 stumpy Evo next year but I'll still be on the quest to find that elusive 1988/89 kona explosif to add to my collection :)

1998 Klein Attitude Comp Blue, for North West slutchy craptastic muddy fun!
Modern: Specialized Sirrus Elite 2011 Hybrid for work. Zzzzzz!

Only retro for me, i dont own a bike younger than my P7 and have no intention of changing that anytime soon :D

I don't collect to keep shiney, i ride every bike i own but there are 3 exceptions due to their size (too small) and i love each bike for their individual characters and i also hire the more modern kit out.

Attachments

• 530333_302862803163509_2112135613_n.jpg
    530333_302862803163509_2112135613_n.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 147
Back