Who else is fed up with EBay fees and withholding payments?

They tell you all the costs of getting them to sell your items for you, why then complain about it after!? They even ask you to sign an agreement which explains everything, to say you are happy for them to do so :)

You use the service which has known upfront costs and then are suprised by the costs?

eBay charge just shy of 14% in the UK so wherever you are it seems more. However without eBay would they have sold at all?

personally I think it’s worth the fee they charge to feature on a massive platform. Especially if you wait for discounted listings.

They tell you all the costs of getting them to sell your items for you, why then complain about it after!? They even ask you to sign an agreement which explains everything, to say you are happy for them to do so :)
They’re very vague about it and the percentage shifts depending on type of item and type of sale etc
And eBay weren’t always like this
For example now they hold payments for month even - when before it was PayPal payment almost immediate when now ebay uses a different system where it doesn’t go into your account (unless
You’re an older member who’s been on years ) you might sell something as you’re skint and then they withhold even the postage cost for a month - how’s that fair ?

I sold a pair of forks this week for £330 and received £287. It's a decent percentage but I knew this going in and more to the point, they were up on Facebook and here without so much as a sniff (apart from a scammer on FB), when I gave up and put them on Ebay, gone in two days and money in my account the day after. You can switch the payout setting to daily, I think default it's weekly or even monthly hence the long wait times but it's easy to change.

They’re very vague about it and the percentage shifts depending on type of item and type of sale etc
And eBay weren’t always like this
For example now they hold payments for month even - when before it was PayPal payment almost immediate when now ebay uses a different system where it doesn’t go into your account (unless
You’re an older member who’s been on years ) you might sell something as you’re skint and then they withhold even the postage cost for a month - how’s that fair ?

Nope, they quote you all fees you may incur, not vague about it at all. Again, you actually signed to say you understood that.

And no, they have always withheld money, PP did too, to verify accounts. Now they do it to verify seller authenticity. That helps you and the site by trying to weed out fraud, which costs them £millions and you time and stress. It's not permanent and a small price to pay for added piece of mind.

My money always goes in next day. Apart from weekends.

To be honest I know people slag eBay off but I have very little hassle via there and things always sell easily.

Just sold a fork on ebay for $280 + $15 shipping, that's a total of $295.
What appears in my account? $225.🤕
That's 25% of the selling price, or just under 24% of selling price + postage. Do you have a breakdown of the charges that amounted to $70? @benjabbi paid just 13% (above), which seems much more reasonable, or was that due to taking advantage of a listings offer? I haven't sold anything on eBay for years, mainly because I can't be bothered with the hassle, but if I did, it would be good to know whether one of you missed a trick, or the other knew a trick, or whether it's just due to differences in territory.

I sold a pair of forks this week for £330 and received £287. It's a decent percentage but I knew this going in and more to the point, they were up on Facebook and here without so much as a sniff (apart from a scammer on FB), when I gave up and put them on Ebay, gone in two days and money in my account the day after. You can switch the payout setting to daily, I think default it's weekly or even monthly hence the long wait times but it's easy to change.
You’ve got to sell 15 items before the month long wait for a payout changes
Of course there are zero listing fee days etc
eBay is very good - of course, almost always sell using it.
It’s just that the percentage and fee structure is all over the place and sometimes very painful
I sold an iPod and sold for £75 and received £70 - which is good
but I also sold a wrist watch for £1000 and received £800 - that isn’t good - and had to wait a month before they paid me

I've sold a few things recently on Ebay and their fees and payment withholding is just a joke now.
In fact it infuriated me so much I wished there was another place to be able to buy and sell parts, so I built a website to do just that.

I have listed some of my bits on there and have a whole load more to go on.

If you want to take a look or put some bits on there, then fill your boots. It's all free. No charges taken. Just list your bits.

All fully searchable aswell to make it easier to find items. I will be adding to the database of brands etc as it grows.

here is a link if anyone is interested:

https://pedaltwice.co.uk

Like for these reasons they have just put 4 items I sold on payment hold could be upto 30 days, or until the buyer says they have received them and are happy.
What do they do if the buyer says they’re not happy, gets a refund then just doesn’t send the item back!!

Attachments

• B1B11586-DC18-4403-98FA-EF9A8A6311A6.png
    B1B11586-DC18-4403-98FA-EF9A8A6311A6.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 7A68FA6B-DD3D-4C94-9BEB-1A0E2895870E.png
    7A68FA6B-DD3D-4C94-9BEB-1A0E2895870E.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back