Who else is fed up with EBay fees and withholding payments?

Like for these reasons they have just put 4 items I sold on payment hold could be upto 30 days, or until the buyer says they have received them and are happy.
What do they do if the buyer says they’re not happy, gets a refund then just doesn’t send the item back!!
thing is - if the buyer gives you positive feedback 24 hours later after you sent the item they still hold your payment for a month - this has happened to the last 10 items I’ve sold - all positive all get there within 24-48 hours and still hold for a month

thing is - if the buyer gives you positive feedback 24 hours later after you sent the item they still hold your payment for a month - this has happened to the last 10 items I’ve sold - all positive all get there within 24-48 hours and still hold for a month
I had some parts listed on there I have now removed as they had no bids on them, whole thing is farcical

As mentioned eBay are very upfront with their fees and policies. They do it to protect everyone.

Why not work around the system rather than moaning on here and advertise some very cheap items on discounted listings. Get them sold either legit or to friends and that will build your sales history. It’ll take 10 mins. And then your proper items won’t be held.

This is what business sellers on eBay of high priced items do to beat the algorithms ebay use.

As mentioned eBay are very upfront with their fees and policies. They do it to protect everyone.

Why not work around the system rather than moaning on here and advertise some very cheap items on discounted listings. Get them sold either legit or to friends and that will build your sales history. It’ll take 10 mins. And then your proper items won’t be held.

This is what business sellers on eBay of high priced items do to beat the algorithms ebay use

The items were trainers/sneakers one sold for £60 another £75 hardly expensive and started at £40 and £50 the others not over £35 hardly worth listing them, for the hassle now

eBay fees vary from item to item - they’re complicated. They withhold until you’ve sold at Least 15 items - maybe more.
So for newer sellers like me it’s a big problem

The items were trainers/sneakers one sold for £60 another £75 hardly expensive and started at £40 and £50 the others not over £35 hardly worth listing them, for the hassle now

It takes minutes to do what I suggested.

eBay fees vary from item to item - they’re complicated. They withhold until you’ve sold at Least 15 items - maybe more.

Fees are just shy of 14 % on most items the average person sells.

Is that 15 from the date of when they started with bank accounts or backdated to with you sold in the past?

Is that 15 from the date of when they started with bank accounts or backdated to with you sold in the past?
I'm not sure - I a few months ago started selling again after many years (closed my old acc in 2016) and having sold 10 they still withold even if i use their ebay courier
I called and complained and the agent told me I need to sell 15 before they even think about immediate payouts.
Not sure if this has started since bank accs

Like for these reasons they have just put 4 items I sold on payment hold could be upto 30 days, or until the buyer says they have received them and are happy.
What do they do if the buyer says they’re not happy, gets a refund then just doesn’t send the item back!!

Ebay will issue a return, the buyer has to return the items, once the items are received back by the seller the money is refunded to the buyer, not before.

Back