Who are we using for paint jobs nowadays?

Silverfish

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I’ve always used Al at FatCreations for bling stuff
But just bought an unpainted Mountain Klein and tempted to go with the original Ice Blue or Cherry Red type paint jobs - which should be relatively inexpensive to get done?

I say that but I haven’t done it for ages and everything seems to be more expensive nowadays 😳

Any recommendations? Argos in Bristol? IMG_7002.jpeg IMG_7001.jpeg IMG_7003.jpeg IMG_7004.jpeg

Lovely frame & fork. Wonder if you could get it powder coated? Lots more options than there use to be and generally cheaper than a wet spray finish. Although you'll need to consider how you want your decals done because they'll need a clear coat over the top if you want to protect them...

C&G finishes in Liverpool did a lovely job on my Witcomb this year.
53600892362_5e64c7e438_b.jpg

Re the post suggesting powder coating. Sure it can be done well & look alright, but it does kinda permanently coat the frame for life. I've seen it burnt off of steel frames but removing it is not an easy or kind process, esp on an alu frame. Best avoided on a Klein I'd say.

Re the post suggesting powder coating. Sure it can be done well & look alright, but it does kinda permanently coat the frame for life. I've seen it burnt off of steel frames but removing it is not an easy or kind process, esp on an alu frame. Best avoided on a Klein I'd say.
It’s great until it cracks somewhere and fills up with water between it and whatever it’s meant to be stuck to.

Back