Where should more modern Road (98+) build threads go?

Where to stick the modern old stuff

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m for just a subbie in the normal Road section. There’s already a 98+ Section predominantly frequented by the MTB gang.

No.

There are other forums for that.
But are there? My current build from 2005 was poo pooed as Retro and l was unceremoniously pointed back to good old RB.
Anyway, if someone has no particular interest in what would likely be a very small sub-forum they don’t have to click.

But are there? My current build from 2005 was poo pooed as Retro and l was unceremoniously pointed back to good old RB.
Anyway, if someone has no particular interest in what would likely be a very small sub-forum they don’t have to click.
I haven't been here long enough to weigh in too heavily, but I definitely agree that there is not really a good place on other forums for retro bike enthusiasts to discuss modern bikes. Even my "modern" bike is hopelessly retrogrouchy on most bike forums. Start with 2008, add rim brakes, then 8 speeds. Not to mention my friction thumbies.

This forum is the first place I've found where none of that needs to be justified. Even the 2008 part has it's place ;)

I would just make one simple "modern road" subforum here in the Road section and leave it at that. Make it clear people can post their bikes and just chat generally, sorted. More additional subforums just make more clutter/more places to look for new threads etc.
just do this!
Avoids the round-and-round-in-circles discussions that get us no where

For me, my thinking would be a sub forum under road if there are people wanting it.
If it gets over used then it isn't (normally) to hard to move it to it's own section. But not sure of this forum software.

Go for it, what's too loose.
Add Gravel bike's to it as well.
Mainly as it'll bring readers.

By sub forum, I mean under 'Road'

Though you could always put Road and Gravel as a sub-forum under the 98+ section as an alternative option.

Back