Where else to sell?

I'm trying to downsize but I maybe I could be up for something that has been Peachified. Do you have a list of potential sales and sizes?

cheers, Takingabreak AKA Oaklec
I’ll sort something tomorrow.

Trying times for all types of bicycles. New or used. Have been trying to move our Cannondale tandem . No market at all . Loads of tandems for sale on the bay and they are not selling.
I reckon the glut of new bargains that flooded the market over the last year killed the used market.
The collectors market has taken a real dive as others have said .
The end of the l'eroica ride saw a further glut of vintage bikes coming on the market .
I also have a few bikes I would like to sell ,but to who?
Prices at cycle jumbles for components has also taken a dive.
They had reached the top about 5 years ago . Only one way to go from there .

Reactions: Woz
I've given away more bikes than I've ever sold. The market for 90s MTBs (and older) is ageing out, or at least ageing to the point where they are less fun to ride and peeps no longer want to collect lots of them. The interest in cycling, except around covid, has largely remained static in the UK.

Personally think on the road side it's taken a bigger and deeper slump. The technology transformations and the prices of new kit slashed due to the bike industries over supply mounts up where vintage may not be such an interesting option for someone new.

I've seen a quality handbuilt road bike with Stronglight, Simplex, Mafac center-pulls, brand new cables, brand new skinny tyres, a lovely Ideale Daniel Rebour tribute saddle - all in tip-top excellent condition not move for 9 months at the local bike charity - all that for a meagre 70€.

Bloke working there said there is no interest in road bikes :( Recently sold some Shimano 700C road disc brake wheels for a shocking 45€ and they were shipped to a remote Greek island :rolleyes: I suspect if stuff is not boost (or whatever it's called), carbon or at least 11 speed people are not interested.

I'm actually not so sure it will pick up, unless the new alternative kids on the block rock up and help make it all fashionable again.

Last edited:
@Peachy! I have seen you have a few lovely things on eBay as I got notification of your Campag Euclid BB being listed, as I have have saved searches and get emails when new listings come up.

You can look to put your bikes up on eBay for extra exposure and mention in the listing that you can be contacted via RetroBike with same username. A bit naughty, but might get away with it, unless someone reports you. FB is meant to be good, but not on their, so can’t help regarding this.

Auctions have their place for sure but don't hold you're breath to get anything like the bikes true open market value..... You have to be mindful of expensive buyers & sellers premium fees & factor this in...as previous contributors have said, ebay is not much better with their fees.....
Stick them on Gumtree local as well ( no fees)

Auctions have their place for sure but don't hold you're breath to get anything like the bikes true open market value..... You have to be mindful of expensive buyers & sellers premium fees & factor this in...as previous contributors have said, ebay is not much better with their fees.....
Stick them on Gumtree local as well ( no fees)
But you can list for free for exposure and do a deal outside of eBay itself. More serious buyers than Gumtree (not always true). eBay tries to block any communication/sharing of email/phone numbers but it can be done, this means the buyer gets a good price and seller avoids fees. Have done this a few times on Buy It Now listings. Don't like pulling Auction listings especially if they have a few bids on them.

Back