Where else to sell?

FB groups are by far the best for selling nice quality , clean , high end items. Stuff is still selling very quickly as long as it fits that category.

EBay is second best I find currently for is good for the middle range stuff.

Low end and common items they simply donā€™t sell.

Certain 2nd hand markets seem to be thriving but others arenā€™t. Iā€™m mid way through selling lots of childhood toys of mine and that market is truly alive and kicking.

Cars ā€¦.. well theyā€™ve gone back to pre covid normality.

Can't help with any sales outlets unfortunately; tbh I think enthusiast sites like RB are as good as you're going to get as the market's absolutely dead and retro gear has near-zero appeal outside of enthusiast circles.. plus auctioneers are generally leeches and I suspect you'd see next to no return after they've had their pound of flesh.

FWIW I can appreciate your position; I find clutter can be a burden / nucleation point for anxiety while riding is excellent for mental health so can't fault your logic.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Iā€™ve never really understood putting stuff through a traditional auction when eBay exists and is the largest auction house on the planet.

RB isnā€™t great to move stuff unfortunately. Very little sells via here unless super super rare or super super cheap.

Full bikes have always been a hard sell regardless of when or where.

Iā€™ve never really understood putting stuff through a traditional auction when eBay exists and is the largest auction house on the planet.

RB isnā€™t great to move stuff unfortunately. Very little sells via here unless super super rare or super super cheap.

Full bikes have always been a hard sell regardless of when or where.

Agree - best to respond to Wanted Ads. At least with ebay (and specifically ebay.co.uk) you can tap into a global market without too much hassle.

I think one issue is as a private seller it is impossible to compete on shipping prices, which ultimately drives the prices of certain items right into the ground and not worth bothering with. I am also constantly surprised how few people actively search out LOTS (job lots) - small independent bike shops seem much more on the ball with this kind of thing though and they get a real bargain.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Chin up Chris I'm cleaning house too, what ever cash I get for my hoard will be nice but the knowledge of not having it hanging round my neck will be nicer.

Mrs ON is constantly telling/urging/nagging ( šŸ˜‡) me to get rid/thin out/sell my 'collection'. Only 11 these days including a carbon TT bike never built from 2012, 2 Classic MTB's, 4 Classic Road, 3 'Modern' RB's and a 70's CX bike set up on the turbo. Oh, and a 50's road/path frame in the loft together with several sets of wheels, classic and 'modern'. Tomato trays of 'jumble', various tyres hanging on the wall and drawers full of components and tubes etc. Hangers and drawers full of clothing including classic trade team tops, thermal underwear (might come in useful when the gas goes off) and shoes. As my age increases and my health decreases, the weather gets more unsettled and my interest in actually riding any of them decreases, I can see her logic. However, what to do with it all, short of a visit to the 'recycling centre', I'm very uncertain.

HELP!!!!!

PM me if you're short of anything, I may be able to help!

Latest posts

Back