WHEN WILL KLEIN BE BACK??

34henry3w

Retro Guru
Guys,

This is driving me nuts!...can someone please explain to me why on earth Trek is sitting on the Klein brand and doing nothing with it?

Attachments

• 13_Niner.jpg
    13_Niner.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 1,796
don't you mean paint masks? obviously the decals would have to be de-bossed!

To clarify I am not suggesting that any company simply re-badge an existing bike and call it a Klein Adroit..that is what Trek did to destroy the brands soul back in the 90s with their trek 8000 re-badging fiasco.

I meant picture a bike "like" this niner.

Congratulations, you are the brand victim the marketers search high and low for.

They could make the
34henry3w":247amx6p said:
full carbon 29er, rigid with carbon fork, internal cable routing, 2011 shimano xtr group,
and call it the Trek Bum Grape and you would simply sneer and mock it .

34henry3w":247amx6p said:
but with the 1995 color schemes and decal font! They could sell them to rich guys to hang in their garages for $10k...they could even get Gary Klein in the marketing campaign the way they did with the other Gary..

So paint it a different colour, put a sticker on it, get some bloke who used to have stuff to do with bikes years ago but has nothing to do with this one other than his name to stand beside it and you'd pay $10k for the thing?

Trek are simply waiting for more of you to reach critical mass before it become economical for them to rape your wallets. It's simple, get enough of you willing to spend $10k on the Trek Bum Grape, sorry I mean Klein Victim/Adroit/Whatever, together, send Trek your 100% non refundable deposits and they'll make you a batch I'm sure.

I hope this answers your question.

34henry3w":2ut4hzod said:
don't you mean paint masks? obviously the decals would have to be de-bossed!

To clarify I am not suggesting that any company simply re-badge an existing bike and call it a Klein Adroit..that is what Trek did to destroy the brands soul back in the 90s with their trek 8000 re-badging fiasco.

I meant picture a bike "like" this niner.

Is that your bike?

I believe in fixies..

You are totally right, I guess I am a bit brand fixated. I just love the minimalism and purity of the mc2 era adroits and wish I could buy a modern one as I described. But in the end if Gary Klein doesn't design it, does this really mean it isn't a klein, just a marketing ploy by trek to rape wallets? It could be, but not if done right. Enzo stopped making ferraris 30 years ago, now they are made by fiat.. Is the Ferrari badge now just a marketing technique?

If the bike was actually fantastic, and simply carried on the Gary Klein era asththetics, I think it would be fine. Specialized and trek have carbon hartails in the $8000 range, so if this new klein was undeniably as good, but offered with the custom paint options / mc4 carbon stem / bar combos, it wouldn't be that insane at $10,000.

I'm really into "comebacks".. Everyone loves a comeback.. Cars, movie stars, bikes.. I like when things that where once great and then destroyed rise up again to their former glory..

What does Gary Klein do now?

Edit - a little research reveals he makes telescopes and he does not want to revive the bike brand.

34henry3w":bsdlmmp9 said:
Picture this bike in sea and sky with white "Star Trek" Klein font, "strata on the fork, the new Mc4 airheadset, 29'' death grips, syncros carbon post..i would literally rob a bank for one..

13_niner_194.jpg

I tried, but I could only picture this: :shock:

bond-bug.jpg

Latest posts

Back