When is a Manitou frame not a Manitou frame...

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm no expert but it looks like an early 90s Marin FS to me, they licensed the design off Manitou for a few years. The 'Dirtyhabit' logo branding is just a clothing brand sticker.

Birdman":2myetbb6 said:
I'm no expert but it looks like an early 90s Marin FS to me, they licensed the design off Manitou for a few years. The 'Dirtyhabit' logo branding is just a clothing brand sticker.

That's what I thought - the 'Made in Taiwan' sticker is the same as the ones Marin used on their bikes (and is the biggest giveaway that it's not a Manitou, along with the 1 1/8' headtube and cast seatstay horseshoe)

Oh dear, 5 days to go and at £200 already is this going to be a record for a cracked Marin? Even better though is the question asked:

Q: hello thats a super super rare frame there. I would not sell it if I were you. These are a three figure production run 1990/91 frame. Will only increase in value. My suggestion get it off ebay, have it serviced, greased and rapped and get it out again in 10 years. Dont have your reserve under £500. Have to think of the projected and the current value. Propper rare in the honest sense of rare. nice one. Micky 09-Aug-09
A: ok thanks for your oppinion

what I really like is the fact that the word 'proper' is spelt with two p's in the middle in the question, and the word 'opinion' is spelt with two p's in the answer - coincidence, hmmmmm.

Traani":19tieje1 said:
http://goodthingsinternational.com/parts/marin.jpg

this is 4 sale here,for 260 euros.

<-If that was here, both bike and ice-cream stand would be gone by now.
Gotta love the low crime rate over there...

You could probably hold the sign under one arm as you cycle off in the direction of somewhere quiet :LOL:

pete_mcc":3tlfn72l said:
Oh dear, 5 days to go and at £200 already is this going to be a record for a cracked Marin? Even better though is the question asked:

Q: hello thats a super super rare frame there. I would not sell it if I were you. These are a three figure production run 1990/91 frame. Will only increase in value. My suggestion get it off ebay, have it serviced, greased and rapped and get it out again in 10 years. Dont have your reserve under £500. Have to think of the projected and the current value. Propper rare in the honest sense of rare. nice one. Micky 09-Aug-09
A: ok thanks for your oppinion

what I really like is the fact that the word 'proper' is spelt with two p's in the middle in the question, and the word 'opinion' is spelt with two p's in the answer - coincidence, hmmmmm.

hmmmmm I think not :p

shill bidding at it's finest...or is it worst

Latest posts

Back