What puts you off a bike/frame?

not so much bikes, but set ups, when people put there seat too far forward on the post, when brake / gear levers are set to high (almost horizontal)
when the swept back on flat bars is swept down :?

quill stems showing 1 plus inches of quil (buy one with a rise!!!!!!!!!!)

bar ends pointing up..........

barends that point straight up in the air and tyres with no air in em.....aaarrrgggghhh...oh and rusty seat posts.

guybe":30v0rbpi said:
Simple, just 3 things that put me off:-
1. disc brakes
2. long front suspension forks and rear frame suspension
3. all the latest bike's is in black colour, how boring and dull!
Put them 3 together and you will have a motobike looking bike! :LOL:
Bring back the ano colours please and keep the bike's simple and tidy
Good post Guy!

bulbous aluminium frames other than cannondales for some reason, triple triangles, two tone frame paint colour schemes, too much silver on a bike, purple pink blue green anodising. triple clamp forks, coloured tyres, long cage rear mechs for some reason, gripshift, coil rear shocks, mechanical discs, hydraulic rim brakes (although i used to loooove them), over zealous decals or any decals which look unclean eg konas stencil ones of the last few years, lumo colour ones, hard to read ones, pedals that arent platforms or really light spd's, bar ends, too many colours, massive stems, flat bars (unless for a period build), downtube cable routing, overhyped stuff, foam grips, dare i say titanium? actually i quite like it i'm just running out of stuff to say. any frame post 2000 bar a very small few.

Hate

Frames without a sloping top tube a la Kona stylee.
GT triple triangles, despite having owned a GT Lightning dripping with XTR. Fantastic machine though and my first foray into Ti
Those awful splatter paintjobs from Kona, Klein (graffitti) and that green DBR paintjob that they're re-released on a new Axis.
Too much anodisation, its cool to have skewers, bottle cage bolts and maybe the seatpost, bars and stem but don't overdo it. keep it subtle.

Does everyone hate me now after the anodisation comment? :roll:

guybe":1vs3ag6n said:
Simple, just 3 things that put me off:-

1. disc brakes
2. long front suspension forks and rear frame suspension
3. all the latest bike's is in black colour, how boring and dull!

Put them 3 together and you will have a motobike looking bike! :LOL:

Bring back the ano colours please and keep the bike's simple and tidy

So you dont want to buy my Brooklyn then?

Back