What price to pay for a good chromoly GT frame like Avalanche, Bravado or Karakoram?

My wife has a ton of knowledge regarding cookware/toxicity to humans. Top line from a monkey like me:
BEST - Cast iron, glass coated/ceramic such as Le Crueset (although not all of Le Crueset range is like this anymore)
GOOD - Stainless (high Nickel content can be poisonous to some people)
BAD - Aluminium & non-stick coatings (Aluminium is a poison to humans) but is also used for: Deodorants to help block pores so you don't sweat! And any aluminium packaging will have a thin polymer coating (plastic!) where it is in contact with food/liquid to make it safe to us to consume from.

Back to bikes... looking forward to seeing how the blue outers look! 👍
I learn so much from this forum :D

On that note, can anyone make any recommendations for spindle/axle length of bottom bracket for my Bravado? It has a bb fitted that just a placeholder, which is correct at 68mm shell and has a 120mm spindle/axle, which I think could be a little too long

Attachments

• 20241004_123647.jpg
    20241004_123647.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 6
You want the chainrings around 3to5mm off the stay once its tightened down, so it looks like you could lose 4mm or so from the drive side.
That doesn't necessarily mean dropping to a 113, because left and right ends reduction is curiosity uneven as the overall length reduces.

Take your bb out and compare drive sides to a shorter one👍

You want the chainrings around 3to5mm off the stay once its tightened down, so it looks like you could lose 4mm or so from the drive side.
That doesn't necessarily mean dropping to a 113, because left and right ends reduction is curiosity uneven as the overall length reduces.

Take your bb out and compare drive sides to a shorter one👍
having just measured the distance, it's about 13mm on the drive side and 6mm on the non drive side between the cranks and chainstays

Last edited:
Back