What price to pay for a good chromoly GT frame like Avalanche, Bravado or Karakoram?

Just ordered the blue Jagwire cables for my Bravado! Only question, should I worry about them if they are galvanised inner cables?
My bikes are stored indoors only but do get ridden, I haven't had any issues with any of my other bikes' brake/gear cables going rusty so far.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just ordered the blue Jagwire cables for my Bravado! Only question, should I worry about them if they are galvanised inner cables?
My bikes are stored indoors only but do get ridden, I haven't had any issues with any of my other bikes' brake/gear cables going rusty so far.
Should be absolutely fine. Old cables weren't stainless, so if kept indoors and cleaned/lubed after muddy rides now and then, you'll have zero issues. Jagwire seem to be the go-to brand for coloured outers!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I run full length in one way or the other. Modern wire sets often have transparent covers for the exposed parts and something to handle the transfer points between the exposed and covered areas. Spray lubricate also internally, with something that doesn't get sticky, something with ptfe should be good, but don't drink it.

I run full length in one way or the other. Modern wire sets often have transparent covers for the exposed parts and something to handle the transfer points between the exposed and covered areas. Spray lubricate also internally, with something that doesn't get sticky, something with ptfe should be good, but don't drink it.
I avoid ptfe as its a harmful "forever chemical" that builds up in living organisms.

It's surprisingly difficult to get certain products without ptfe.

And of course it works great!
Like lead in petrol, cfc refrigerants, doping in sport and smoking🤣

Back