What price to pay for a good chromoly GT frame like Avalanche, Bravado or Karakoram?

I thought those were NOS, they are a reissue then?
Indeed it looks great, cockpit matches the seatpost/saddle combo nicely
The bars, as stated in a previous post came from a 1991 Trek Single Track 950. (stripped down to frame now)
Front brakes came from this Trek too.
The stem I found in a spares box, can't remember where it came from but it was a good fit for this build.
The U Brake came from a 1991 GT Avalanche, sadly stripped for scrap due to a stuck seatpost and other issues. The U-brake came with V-brake pads fitted but need replacing due to wear.

The day has come today to take my Bravado out for it's first test ride and I am impressed with how it rides already!
The front mech needed slight adjustment to get onto biggest chainring but other than that it's good to go.
I should have had new brake pads and cassette (HG70) delivered, but I missed the post as he came later than expected and I had to go to my volunteering workshop.
Anyway, so far I am very happy with this build and I absolutely love the bright yellow colour, it really pops out in the sun.
I am hoping that at some point in the future I will get hold of a matching yellow 120mm GT Flip Flop stem, but until then I love how this stem looks and feels.
Originally the plan was to fit a silver GT handlebars but found the black True Temper bars taken from my 1991 Trek 950 a better fit both in colour and sweep. And as a bonus the True Temper bar is a better match with the frame too.
This bike to me was build as a bike to ride not just for display, it fulfills both functions very well though.
Again, I would like to thank henrysthreeironbands for giving me the opportunity to buy the frame and forks and have them shipped to me!
Without this great deal this build would not have been possible. I have made a great effort to keep it as close to period correct as I could manage but still give it a personal touch!
It looks great. That black bar/stem combo makes the yellow contrast nicely !

The True Temper frames ride lovely don’t they 😀

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back