What is the most cost effective way to get a 32t replacement for 94bcd impel crankset?

I just looked up new ones and they cost loads!

74bcd 32ts only a tenner or so yet 94 are like 30 quid to even 80 quid!!! Is it because they are rare now and thus niche and therefore expensive?

Better to look on here?

I want a good condition one though as the current one I have is worn on most teeth and even a couple of teeth missing. Want to buy an improvement!

I wasn't going to bother replacing it but I noticed lately bad crunching and slippage causing me to even lose my footing on several occasions so not confident giving it oomph so want to get a replacement asap.

If having to buy from the used market that does beg the question whether the supplies will all be used up but I guess I would get a good few years off of one in good condition to not have to worry about that for the foreseeable. Other items it is not such an issue like shifters, last a lifetime maybe but drivetrain parts are somewhat 'consumable' due to constant wear.

The middle ring wears out faster, so used 42+ and 28- are more common than anything in the 30s because they get left over.
As a result you may have to buy new, but it's not a mass- produced item any more so in turn you'll be looking at rings made in europe by stronglight or TA, with a European manufacture price.

I think stronglight are the cheapest. We sell a few.

The middle ring wears out faster, so used 42+ and 28- are more common than anything in the 30s because they get left over.
As a result you may have to buy new, but it's not a mass- produced item any more so in turn you'll be looking at rings made in europe by stronglight or TA, with a European manufacture price.

I think stronglight are the cheapest. We sell a few.
Yes I get that. The prices run about 1/4 of the price of the whole bike! However it is one of the most important and used components so want it right.

Keeping nice old kit going is often more expensive than buying Cheapish new stuff.
But that's how it is. 👍

A new middle ring on 94 is common for us although we can often find small and large rings in the used drawers.

I shall bite the bullet and buy new. It seems an offer is on to get 20% off from £37 (which seems the general cheapest going rate) to £30 at one shop.

I have a VERY lightly used impel crankset at home, happy to measure (not sure of PCD) and get some pictures if you wanted original rings?

Back