??????????What Have I Bought??????

designer1

Old School Hero
Well guys...I spotted this piece of what i belive to be retrobike gold at a local auction:

DSCF5745.jpg

DSCF5749.jpg

DSCF5747.jpg

DSCF5748.jpg

DSCF5746.jpg

DSCF5750.jpg

It seems to sport all the right bits and pieces to be what it says it is.

Given its age its in great condition, ok the wheels arent matching or original i dont think but hey! oh and it may need a seat!

Are these that rare, ive certainly never seen one....

When was it built? Whats it worth now? What was it sold for brand new?
Come on GT guru's - impress us!

Having had the Zaskar & STS - an outpost was just a natural progression!

I realise its the lowest model, but just thought with the U brake and lack of triple triangle it must be an early model.......

Tried to talk the Mrs into having it - but the Killer v Im building her is lighter apparently!!!!!!

The Outpost I had was like a tank.. heavier than a very heavy thing.

Perhaps the triangle is different because it's a very small frame?

Just out of curiosity.. if you realise this is the bottom of the pile, how can you come to this conclusion?

Auctions are allways worth a look :) just now and again they have something worth bidding for ....... but usually its just piles of rusty crap :LOL: how much did you get it for ??

designer1":1sybpkup said:
Are these that rare, ive certainly never seen one....

When was it built? Whats it worth now? What was it sold for brand new?
Come on GT guru's - impress us!

Rare? Technically, yes - as in very few were manufactured and sold. In terms of collectability, I doubt it's 'rare'. It's a 1990 incidentally, the RRP was £259 from memory.

I think it's obvious that you're tongue-in-cheek about knowing it's not quite GT Tech Shop material, for what it's worth. ;)

Back