What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

Not keen on black rims. Mavic SUPS's always look a bit grim but then occassionally you see a Campagnolo Contax or Dedra and they are gorgeous- the exception that proves the rule.
Don't like radial spokes either but the only absolute hate feature, with no excuses is cables with no end caps. It should be straight to the tower for anybody building a bike up like that, no passing go and no collecting £200!

Love this thread. Just removed canti's and replaced with V brakes on my Saracen Terratrax, doh! But hey I don't like canti's, lets hope the retrobike police don't find me.

Ade

roboade":gmcrceo1 said:
Love this thread. Just removed canti's and replaced with V brakes on my Saracen Terratrax, doh! But hey I don't like canti's, lets hope the retrobike police don't find me.
Good luck with that.

Unlikely, though, as you've just announced it in a retrobike forum.

That knock on the door you're about to receive - that's the hob-nailed boots of said enforcers. Get ready for incarceration, and an unofficial, yet enforced name-change to "Mavis".

More spit for your eyes :twisted:

ss010.jpg

Mmmwahahahahahaha!!!! I'm gonna do some more of 'em too!!!

Oh it gets worse...

Started out looking like this...

DSCF7503.jpg

Mmmwwhahahahahahaha :twisted:

fuzzywig":1fkruskq said:
Oh it gets worse...

Started out looking like this...

DSCF7503.jpg

Mmmwwhahahahahahaha :twisted:

WHY DO THAT TO A BIKE THAT WAS SO F***ING LOVELY AS IT WAS?!

Why not use something that needed a respray and didn't have such a lovely set of components?

Is it possible to ban someone from the For Sale pages? Seems a reasonable measure to help protect other vulnerable bikes.

I'm ribbing y'all :LOL:

It didn't look like that... It's been in the family since new and has been thoroughly upgraded/used/abused/retired and finally resurrected.
I can't remember where I found the pic of what it used to look like but but my Rockhopper has had a proper life, unlike the original one which looks like it's spent many a year neglected in someones shed. Unwanted and in need of a single speed conversion, new blue powder, pink decals and loads of red, blue and purple annodised bits (don't forget a nice new pair of CrankBros pedals) :)

fuzzywig":2fwgu1bo said:
I'm ribbing y'all :LOL:

Troll of the month goes to... :LOL:

I'm having to try really hard to hate the end result as well, it needs silver cranks is the worst I've manage to find so far, dammit what's happening to me!? :shock:

Back