What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

too many contradicting colour add ons and seat posts so high you may as well wear stilts to ride it

Rich Aitch wrote:
with no excuses is cables with no end caps. It should be straight to the tower for anybody building a bike up like that, no passing go and no collecting £200!
Such venom from a man who believes a Raleigh Lizard is a classic bike :LOL:
If an old bikes being ridden then I can forgive anything. If an old bikes in the scrapyard the previous owner is unforgiven ;)

Fat old men riding a cheapo £70 halfords special, going nowhere fast but wearing a few hundred quids worth of quality biking clobber !

While the Rockhopper was an enjoyable bike as it was, with original gruppo and colour, the result is what I call a waste of high end parts, on a low end frame and what's worse on a 1 speed commuter. Exactly the stereotype of the bike I don't like.

But if you do, well, it's a great bike, and even a better one if you enjoy it off road. But that's not the point. This is the HATE topic :twisted: muhahahaha

A commuter :evil: The bike is as evening seafront promenade racer. If the cycle industry catered for such needs then I wouldn't have to do this.... I'm sorry about the low end frame novekili, if anyone would like to donate me a Yo Eddy I've got £50 for a nice ham fisted cheap industrial powder coat. :D I may swap the Real levers for some crappy NOS Avid Ultimates I've got kicking around gathering dust...

I'm sorry about the cranks elPedro666 I'll soon strip the beautifully patinated black annodising off those rough old CookBros cranks... :LOL:

You joking? Sell the parts and you'll easily be able to afford a YO. Or donate them to me and I'll put up my poor INDY with a decent gruppo (I'll care about gearing it up don't worry)

fuzzywig":30hqt9mi said:
I'm sorry about the cranks elPedro666 I'll soon strip the beautifully patinated black annodising off those rough old CookBros cranks... :LOL:

nonono, then I'll totally crack and have to admit to really liking it (especially now it's an 'evening seafront promenade racer'), which would be terrible! :x

konatime":1yr4q2yq said:
The man who pays the piper....

i do hate folk telling me what me bike should look like when they ain't got a quick 50 mile in 'em....makes me wonder ;)

well said that Peak District man!

Back